MITM on video
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MITM on video

Default MITM on video

I was just wondering if anybody else besides me has every single Malcolm In The Middle episode on tape or is trying. At the beginning of 2004 i realized that it was going to be a long time before it all got on DVD so i decided to get it all on tape to last me until it came out on DVD. I was wondering if anybody else did the same thing.

Default Re: MITM on video

Oh yes, I was tellign someone this a few months back, I have every episode on DVD. Most of them I record off TV onto DV tape, and then import into my computer, edit out the commercials, and burn four or five to a disc. I have a disc template I use to design the discs. It has the theme song in it, with some text superimposed on which I can choose which ep to watch.

Each disc is completely indexed. I have season 1, and then my discs for each other season are identified first by the number of the season, and then with a letter than identifies a disc. For example, I have in season 2: discs 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, and 2E, in addition to a DVD that holds all of the episodes from that season in a data format (DivX).

In Excel, I created a spreadsheet with the name of each episode in order, than randomized it, so that Excel essentially created a randomized list of every MITM episode for me. When I want to watch MITM, I open up my Excel list and figure out which ep to watch, then I go to my printouts from TV Tome, and flip to the season in which the episode is in, and then (I divided these printouts up with which disc each ep is on) I figure out which disc the ep I want is on, and, well, I watch it.

Some episodes are better quality than others. Seasons 2 and 4 are very good standard definition quality, but I downloaded season 3, mostly from the VC, so it's not such good quality. Seasons 5 and 6 are both digital (e.g. hi-def) so they're widescreen and very good quality.

The only eps I don't have are Bully and Clip Show 2, so overall, my setup works pretty well.

I have no super fancy DVD technology but I have every episode on tape, with the exceptions of "Christmas," "Hal's Christmas Gift," and "Stilts." Every episode from the original broadcast, too, except for seasons three and four (from syndication).

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    I have every episode on DVD.
    Ditto. I don't have much more to say about it.

I have them all on VHS except maybe4-6 episodes, and the first half of season 6, but those are coming out every sunday, so it's narrowing down.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

VHS is so yesterday!

Come on guys!

I have every episode on dvd, too. But i don't put that much work into it like yardgames does. I just burn 5 episodes on one dvd and that's all. But as i recorded the episodes from Austrian television (remember i'm from Germany), unfortunately the quality is rather poor

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    VHS is so yesterday!

Come on guys!
    LOL, remember I'm as old as the dinosaurs (or at least I feel that way some days ) so I don't have any of the new fancy digital equipment, etc but I do have nearly all the episodes on VHS. I have all of Season 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I'm missing the second half of season 2 but am trying to catch up with syndication.

Thumbs up Re: MITM on video

I've almost all of them on tape but some of the tapes I used are sooooo old and just keep breaking up in the vcr!!!!!!!!
    I want a recordable dvd player, that would be so much easier! I can't even get the 1st dvd over here so I kind of have to tape them. They barely ever repeat the 1st season though so its hard to get to see the ones I don't have taped.

I have TV on my computer, which you can set to record like a dvr. Unfortunately, the only way to set it to record is to click on the program you want to watch in the guide, so it starts recording when the program is supposed to start, but sometimes it starts a wee bit early and i miss the cold open. I ended up with a second hard drive (200 GB) and not really anything to put on it, so pretty soon I will have all the episodes on it. I was going to edit out all the commercials and burn them to dvd, but I'm not going to bother if I'm missing the cold open on some.