Official Forum Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I know we browse the official forums so wouldnt it be good idea if you came across a poster who you have seen to be "good" (you know what i mean) then why not PM/email them and personally invite them to this forum explaining how much better it is. Same can be done for other mitm forums, this way we gain members but not idiots! :D

(im yet to do this myself, but will keep a lookout!)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's how I got appanah over here. Unfortunately, posting publicly is a good way to get the idiots, so we need to be careful with who we invite. Look for people with consistently good posts.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Thats true. If it wasn't for you, I would never have found this forum. I can't stress how glad I am you suggested it to me.

admin

Retired Administrator
Although officially I am against this, as its kind of like spam, unofficially I officially think that this unofficial method of officially inviting some one is officially bad, but unoffically and great idea.

admin

Retired Administrator
lol, I was seeing how complex a sentence I could write, but still keeping it making sense

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, well it didn't make much sense. Is this how you're going to spend the 2-week brag you were bragging about yesterday?

Anyway, unofficially if you send one official invitation and the person doesn't respond, that's there loss; if they do, then it's everyone's benefit. One message isn't spam; it's primarily the spam-bots that are being targeted as spam.

admin

Retired Administrator
yardgames said:
Yeah, well it didn't make much sense. Is this how you're going to spend the 2-week brag you were bragging about yesterday?

Anyway, unofficially if you send one official invitation and the person doesn't respond, that's there loss; if they do, then it's everyone's benefit. One message isn't spam; it's primarily the spam-bots that are being targeted as spam.
No, of course not - I wasn't really bragging about it either, I was just happy :D, everyone in the UK gets a 2 week holiday at Easter, in Germany its 3 and across the rest of Europe its 2 or 3 weeks off. I didn't realise you would get so upset about it :D

All I was saying is that official I don't agree with what you are doing, but unofficially I don't care if you do it because it encourages people into the forums :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I'm not upset, more or less just jealous; see, I just get one week off, and I have like every day booked with something I have to do for school. Your opinions make perfect sense now. Enjoy your holiday.

admin

Retired Administrator
Unlucky, I really tried hard to clear all my work in time for this holiday. I've worked every lunchtime, and after school this week to clear all my work so I don't have any....

Status
Not open for further replies.