Where is the Family From / Live?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Renewed Debate--Where is the family from?

Certainly it's fun to debate, but Lindwood Boomer doesn't know. :D So unless the writers suddenly decide to tell us (as we've seen, pretty much impossible to pick a location consistent with all clues) we'll never know for sure.

admin

Retired Administrator

yardgames said:
Certainly it's fun to debate, but Lindwood Boomer doesn't know. :D So unless the writers suddenly decide to tell us (as we've seen, pretty much impossible to pick a location consistent with all clues) we'll never know for sure.

If you piece together all the clues that have been given in the episodes, then there is no geograpical place on earth that it can possibly be. I wrote an FAQ on this a few weeks a go too :D

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=general1#faq_wheredotheylive

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

We'll likely never know--just like we'll never know for sure whether Wilkerson is their real last name, but we've come to accept that as fact based on the evidence so why not this? It's fun to speculate and narrowing it down to at least a general area gives us a sense of closure. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator

Wildcat said:
We'll likely never know--just like we'll never know for sure whether Wilkerson is their real last name, but we've come to accept that as fact based on the evidence so why not this? It's fun to speculate and narrowing it down to at least a general area gives us a sense of closure. :D

But they're revealing it in the next episode aren't they? Didn't someone see that in an ad?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

admin said:
If you piece together all the clues that have been given in the episodes, then there is no geograpical place on earth that it can possibly be. I wrote an FAQ on this a few weeks a go too :D

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=general1#faq_wheredotheylive
Gee, David, thanks for telling us about those FAQs! :D Anyway, the evidence I brought together is much better than your copy of the Wikipedia, anyhow. :D And watch those spoilers, Amigo! I don't wanna know. :)

simon_4420

Amigo22 said:
But they're revealing it in the next episode aren't they? Didn't someone see that in an ad?

I think that was Samboo refering to the SkyOne advert for advertising Season 7, as it say's something like " spend Sunday evenings with the Wilkersons and the Simpsons on SkyOne" Nothing to do with the next episode, if I've got it right:)

Re: faq the marathon

Are we ever given a specific area in which the Wilkersons live, presumably it's California, but whereabouts?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

From what we've been able to uncover(due to license plates and climate) we have been led to believe that it's setting is Southern California.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

J. said:
From what we've been able to uncover(due to license plates and climate) we have been led to believe that it's setting is Southern California.

Also in Morp, Janine (was that her name?) said something to Reese about getting a bottle of wine and going to the beach, which leads us to believe that they are located on the coast.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I have plenty of beaches near my house, thank you very much, and one of them is man-made. :) I do believe we have a thread about their location already, but if this turns into strictly a discussion on that topic I shall merge it. :)

wando

ive just been watching Bride of ida, and as this seems to be turning into a house location thread ;) i think i may have found out a little more info on the house.

the picture below is of the airport that dewey, hal, and lois are flying from. In the right hand corner of the picture the stratashere hotel is there. this is a vegas hotel, so presumably in the show this is the closest airport to where they are suppose to live. just another idea on their location.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Nice observation, wando. That's definitely the Vegas airport. They could have been filming in Vegas and it was convienent for an airport shot (weren't there some shots of vegas for Reese's wedding scene?), but it's nice to think that they were dropping a little hint as to where they live.:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

I still say they live in Southern California. You can get to Vegas in a matter of hours from there.

Why would they go on a trip to Vegas if they live there? I agree, I think it's Southern California.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

They went on a trip to Vegas because that's where the bunny national championships were located.

Yes, but it was built up as a 'trip', surely if they lived in the suburbs of Vegas, it wouldn't be a big deal for them to visit vegas.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

They can live far enough away from Vegas that it's a big deal to go there and close enough that it's the largest international airport.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

1,000 miles away. I've tried it once and technically if you take all teh clues you're given there's no possible place they could live.