Where is the Family From / Live?

samboo1

Re: Renewed Debate--Where is the family from?

It does'nt really look like any of them. It has like a yellow stripe on top.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Maybe it's a fake plate?

Maybe Aditi was on to something when she said it was a goof--it was just the opposite of a goof; they full thought of that scene and ordered a plate that doesn't really exist for that purpose.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
Maybe it's a fake plate?

Maybe Aditi was on to something when she said it was a goof--it was just the opposite of a goof; they full thought of that scene and ordered a plate that doesn't really exist for that purpose.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm assuming they wouldn't/couldn't use a real registered license plate for security purposes. People can track things down by license plate #'s and I'm assuming that's not something a show would do. My guess is it's a fake plate made by their art department either not based on any state in particular or if it is based on a state, using a bit of creativity so the audience cannot track it down to a particular state.

samboo1

I have an idea the state they are from begins with M. Because in the episode monkey, Reese wears a cap from the police which says MPD so obviously,M.........Police department. Its only an idea.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Millbrook, maybe? Probably a city, and Milbrook comes to mind because that's the bomb squad Hal said he was from in Reese Joins the Army.

So the license plate isn't too much of a hint. But we know they live in or near a city that starts with M, and it must be near three counties, or in a major metropolitan area that covers three counties, because there have been plenty of instances in which the "tri-county area" has been referred to.

samboo1

Yeah, good idea. I am surprised though, that is has never been mentioned, the slightest bit.:confused:

Hal_fan

I agree with samboo, since you would of thought it would of been mentioned somewhere!

A lot of american cars as far as i know say California just above the numbers such as Jake Wyler's porsche in Not Another Teen Movie. Although i am not from the US so i don't have a clue!! Well done for looking though!

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom

Sometimes I think that if you put together all the clues they have given about their location, you would find that there is no specific place that works for them all. For example, their house is supposedly an 8 hour drive from Francis' school in Alabama, and also an 8 hour drive from the ranch. They can also drive to Vegas. Also, in one episode, Hal listed off a bunch of places he had driven Craig that day, and one of the was the beach. Plus there are a bunch of other clues that people have meantioned in the past. It might be impossible to drive to all those places in the given amount of time from one location. Who knows, though.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Well, I have a man-made beach fifteen minutes from my house, so don't let that deter you. I think it's Colorado or New Mexico, though. There's no where in the US that's a thousand miles from Alaska (our biggest clue) so that's probably merely an exaggeration. If you ignore that clue, it starts to work out a bit more.

CJman327

Where do the Wilkersons live?(HOT TOPIC ON FOX FORUMS!!!)

Where do the Wilkersons live? I'm guessing in the middle of the U.S, because Francis was 5,000 miles away in Alabama, and the family could drive to Vegas. But they never seem to have snow.......but it appears to be cold there........:confused: Maybe they live in around Ohio or something like that. I don't know........:)
--CJMAN327:D

CJman327

Re: Where do the Wilkersons live?(HOT TOPIC ON FOX FORUMS!!!)

Yep, that's where I got the idea. But this one(at least I think)is more specific.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Where do the Wilkersons live?(HOT TOPIC ON FOX FORUMS!!!)

Yeah, this is at least the third topic on where the familiy is from. We also have one entitled "Can you get frost in California?" Search for it and check out our debate there. I'll merge this one with the thread you mentioned.

I know the the filmimg location (California) although i have no idea where it's actually meant to be set!

Re: Any Of You Guys Remember The Catapult On The Roof ?!?

I didn't know Wilkerson was unofficial, I wonder why I never knew it. Sky One actually used it during the advert for Season 7 though.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

They mentioned it here in an article I read in the TV Guide the other day. As far as I know it's still unofficial, unless anything is mentioned about it in the DVD commentary?

Amigo22

Super Moderator

From http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p2301.htm:

Wilkerson:

Although there has been speculation that the last name of Malcolm and his family is "Wilkerson" (creator Linwood Boomer wrote the name on the pilot script), their last name has never been revealed because they didn't want to label the family as a certain ethnic group.

Re where they live:

It's another detail that's never been revealed in an episode. Any ideas? And no, it's not Los Angeles, CA - that's where Malcolm is filmed!

That doesn't really make sense to me, but thought I'd still post it anyway.