Where is the Family From / Live? - Page 12
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the Family From / Live?

Quote Originally Posted by jdl382 View Post
    They live in Ohio. Remember Francis' school was an eight hour drive away. It makes the most sense.
    Hm... makes good sense =)

Ok. So, I've read most of this read and there are some inconsistencies regarding Alabama's distance from "home" and the drive time. Francis mentions numerous times that he is 1000 miles from home yet, it is only an eight hour drive. By my calculations that would be driving at an average of 125 mph (around 200 kmph) with no stops factored in. While Hal and Lois both have personalities that may allow them to do this, it is much more viable that Francis is exaggerating the distance to make Lois feel guilty.
    This would completely eliminate any part of California from the discussion. It's at least 1500 miles from Alabama to California.

I like the Ohio idea. Having lived in Cincinnati, I am aware of a waterpark called "The Beach". Perhaps this is where Hal drove Graig. However, it definitely snows in all parts of Ohio every year.

Give me a couple months to rewatch all the episodes and if there is an answer, I will find it.

P.S. Hi, nice to meet everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy21 View Post
    Ok. So, I've read most of this read and there are some inconsistencies regarding Alabama's distance from "home" and the drive time. Francis mentions numerous times that he is 1000 miles from home yet, it is only an eight hour drive. By my calculations that would be driving at an average of 125 mph (around 200 kmph) with no stops factored in. While Hal and Lois both have personalities that may allow them to do this, it is much more viable that Francis is exaggerating the distance to make Lois feel guilty.
    This would completely eliminate any part of California from the discussion. It's at least 1500 miles from Alabama to California.

I like the Ohio idea. Having lived in Cincinnati, I am aware of a waterpark called "The Beach". Perhaps this is where Hal drove Graig. However, it definitely snows in all parts of Ohio every year.

Give me a couple months to rewatch all the episodes and if there is an answer, I will find it.

P.S. Hi, nice to meet everyone.
    Welcome Sickboy21, its great to see such an intelligent first post. If you need any help you can email me from the link below.
    Need help? Email Me Here

In "Hal's Christmas Present" Lois gets into a "demolition derby" fight with another woman in a parking lot. There is a solid image of the other woman's license plate which reads "Cherokee State." More than likely, it could be a descriptor/slogan for Oklahoma (according to a Google search). OK seems to fit in terms of time and distance from Francis' school as well as the dude ranch.

?????

Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    In "Hal's Christmas Present" Lois gets into a "demolition derby" fight with another woman in a parking lot. There is a solid image of the other woman's license plate which reads "Cherokee State." More than likely, it could be a descriptor/slogan for Oklahoma (according to a Google search). OK seems to fit in terms of time and distance from Francis' school as well as the dude ranch.

?????

Who knows...
    Welcome griz, we hope you enjoy your stay.

If you need any help you can email me.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post

?????

Who knows...
    yeah it seems like oklahoma is close to where they could be in many episodes, because of the things you pointed out, but the first episode of the second season "Traffic Jam" doesn't look like they are anywhere in central united states. They are on a road surrounded by mountainous terrain and it is extremely hot, it looks to be somewhere in southwestern united states. However they are on their way home from the water park, but also why would they drive all the way to another state to go to a water park.
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

Tv shows are inacurrate when it comes to location and all of that other stuff. Out of all the episodes I've seen it snows in none of them (Excluding the ones where francis is in Alaska), and there is an episode where Hal lets the boys ditch school to go to the stockcar races. The speedway they go to is Irwindale speedway, there is a sign in the episode showing that, and I recognize it because I've been there before. Irwindale speedway is in California, and if it never snows their residence must be in the western Unitedstates.
    Last edited by Freack; May 31, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

I like to think of it as in simply "Anytown" USA Though when I was younger I assumed California.

Although the actual location used is not necessarily where the producers wish us to believe the story is set, I guess this should be common knowledge by now.

It's on Wikipedia and in our FAQ section:

Actual location of the Wilkerson house

Studio City is a Los Angeles district.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Although the actual location used is not necessarily where the producers wish us to believe the story is set, I guess this should be common knowledge by now.

It's on Wikipedia and in our FAQ section:

Actual location of the Wilkerson house

Studio City is a Los Angeles district.

Rich
    We have 2 threads on it, with photos and all. This thread is for the fictional family location. Discuss the actual location in these threads.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...ead.php?t=1210
    http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...ead.php?t=1249
    Need help? Email Me Here