Where is the Family From / Live?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I was watching Malcolm Babysites and came up with this excellent shot of the license plate of the car used by the rich people to drop Malcolm off. It was before teh times of high definition, though, and I couldn't figure out what state it is. I tried searching based on the design, but at the site I was at, I couldn't find anything that looked real similar.

So I've attached the picture; take a look, blow it up if you like. If anyone is good with Photoshop, see if you can clean it up and figure out which state it is, and end the state debate once and for all.

packer-backer

Re: Renewed Debate--Where is the family from?

yard games i noticed this too. I was watching it about three weeks ago with my brother and we just happened to be talking about what state they might live in when the car pulled up in the driveway and my brother said hey! you can see the liscense plate. we watched it about 50 times and still couldnt figure it out. I think it might look like california but im not sure.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

I did a google search, this is what I found. I think California is the state, because that is what the plate says.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

That looks fairly similar, probably the closest we'll find.

Emrysgirl

1. It could be some type of special license plate (one step higher than personalized). I know they have those, but can individuals buy them?
  2. States change their license plates. We should really be looking for an old one.
  3. Maybe they'd just moved to the town from California.
  4. Since it is California (where the show is filmed), wouldn't this be considered a goof instead?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

1 and 2. Someone ought to find a database that lists all of the license plates of each state, so we can see if that's the case. (they were rich)
3. I suppose it's possible, but if that's the case, then they furnished a rather large expensive house incredibly quickly.
4. It could be a goof but since I'm naieve and I like to believe they think of everything. :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Well, can anyone find a plate more similar?

4. It probably is a goof. I don't think the writers would be thinking that we are thinking about which statethey are from, and so they decided to use the CA plates, instead of a Idaho plate, or a Florida plate, but let's pretend it's not a goof.

Idea: Maybe if we narrow it down to which plate it deffenitly isn't, we can find what is is. It is not:
New Jersey
Florida
Pennslvannia

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Because I live in NJ, and tourists always come from Florida and PA. The lincense plates don't match.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I like in Wisconsin and it's definitely not Wisconsin. But Wisconsin is a pretty boring place, so we don't get too many out-of-state tourists; WI is the only state I can answer for.

packer-backer

I dont really think Wiconsin is that boring. At least the city i live. (Oshkosh). theres lots of stuff to do here and theyre building a water park in oshkosh that will open in may 2007. Im really exited about that, and in Green Bay where you said you live they have the Lambeau field tours and the Packers hall of fame if youre a packer fan yard games. (which im sure you are). Just thought id say that to yardgames.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

But, like J said, if you live in a place, the tourist attractions really don't do it for you. He said he lives near a beach, but never goes, because it's all tourist-y. You actually have to be a tourist to enjoy tourist attractions, I guess.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Anyone from CA that can confirm that's where the plates ARE from?

packer-backer

Once again i disagree with you yard games. i temporarilily lived with my dad in Orlando for the last four years of my life. Even at the end of the fourth year i never got tired of going to disney world, but besides that i guess i agree with you its not as fun unless youre a tourist, and if i lives there for four years even if it wasnt permanent would i still be considered a tourist?