The Buseys/The School

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: What we DO NOT want to see in Season 7

yardgames said:
I should probably split this thread up a bit. J, would you do that, please?
Done. I figured it out all by myself. Hope I didn't split it off too far back. But, I guess it's oaky.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I just watched Buseys Take a Hostage, and I was reminded of another point I wanted to make regarding your [Aditi's] comment on school corruption.

The principal in Buseys Take a Hostage is different than the one in Emancipation. While we never see the principal in Emancipation, his name is different. Watch both eps.

So what we can conclude from that is that the administration changed at some point, and it is the new administration that is corrupt. The programs began under "good" administration, before corruption overtook the district.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

The principal is also shown in The Bully, and also High School play in the scene where the Krelboynes are being punished after the rocket launch - I'm not sure whether that was the principal or someone else.

willdubbs

For those who don't like the Buseys and Dewey. Well, good news for you. You don't have to bother with the Buseys anymore, because you will never see any episode with the Buseys again. At least until the épisode 15 of the season. It's not sure but almost. And more we can deduce that Dewey will be very underused in that season. Just like you wanted. Are you happy?

willdubbs

Do I? Well that's normal, because I'm indeed angry. First of all, because putting Dewey in with the Buseys was a great idea to use and show Dewey a little more and to innovate the series. There were still so many others great plots to do with Dewey and the Buseys(A date, a detention, a new comer, a fight with the Krelboynes, a ditch day, a school outing, an opposition with a bully or Reese or Malcolm...). But the scriptwriters are so hopeless(and I really mean it) that they didn't even notice it, all they have found to do was a storyline in which the Buseys play hide and seek in a tree and this ridiculous hostage plot(the best and only good idea was the election). Just because they have no imagination, they prefered to get rid of the Buseys, if they had thought a little harder instead, they would have found better plots. And second of all, I just realise that Carlson seems to do exactly what I didn't want he to do for the seventh season. When I read the synopsis of the episodes Burning man and Halloween, I have the impression that Reese regresses to the Happy fool or the boisterous teenager, whereas he was evolving in a very interesting way. I know most of you didn't like the new Reese but at least it was logical, Reese cannot play the fool forever, he grows up so he must evolve a little like Francis did. But I wonder if Carlson isn't the kind of executive producer who does only what the fans want he to do. A crook in other word. So yes, I'm angry!! The two last reasons I had to keep watching MITM are probably gone.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think it's fair to see we should watch the episodes before we judge them. It's possible that the writers indeed thought of some of the ideas you mentioned, but someone of higher authority decided that those plots just weren't good enough. There's a lot of high hopes for this season--we definitely want it to end on a good note, so let's take a look at it before we make up our mind so decisively.

Re: The Buseys/The School (split off of what we do NOT want to see in Season 7)

The buseys are odd, especially Chad, he's probably my favorite busey because he rocks. Chad (Cameron Monaghan) is realy ugly though lol!!

I think Dewey rules the world. He's like the coolest Wilkerson!!

D

Deleted member 1693

Do I? Well that's normal, because I'm indeed angry. First of all, because putting Dewey in with the Buseys was a great idea to use and show Dewey a little more and to innovate the series. There were still so many others great plots to do with Dewey and the Buseys(A date, a detention, a new comer, a fight with the Krelboynes, a ditch day, a school outing, an opposition with a bully or Reese or Malcolm...). But the scriptwriters are so hopeless(and I really mean it) that they didn't even notice it, all they have found to do was a storyline in which the Buseys play hide and seek in a tree and this ridiculous hostage plot(the best and only good idea was the election). Just because they have no imagination, they prefered to get rid of the Buseys, if they had thought a little harder instead, they would have found better plots. And second of all, I just realise that Carlson seems to do exactly what I didn't want he to do for the seventh season. When I read the synopsis of the episodes Burning man and Halloween, I have the impression that Reese regresses to the Happy fool or the boisterous teenager, whereas he was evolving in a very interesting way. I know most of you didn't like the new Reese but at least it was logical, Reese cannot play the fool forever, he grows up so he must evolve a little like Francis did. But I wonder if Carlson isn't the kind of executive producer who does only what the fans want he to do. A crook in other word. So yes, I'm angry!! The two last reasons I had to keep watching MITM are probably gone.

There is some truth in this. The character arc is... well... a straight line. Possibly with a few bumps and valleys along the way.

But such is the way of the sitcom. There are many "episodes that time forgot" (sometimes next week's episode will not have any aspect of this week's!) in other shows in the category. At least MITM keeps up with and recalls previous plot lines. Continuity is key. Trivial mistakes are nothing, but a missed comedy gold mine is lost forever.

The Buseys overall... ugh. But at least plots involving them were true to the series... Which reminds me:

I have a theory about them... The plots involving Buseys are probably recycled ideas from the early childhood of the show, most likely for Dewey's character way back when. Maybe the Buseys are what Dewey's character could have spiraled into with a writer's suggestion. The ridiculous childishness they bring to the table, regardless of how annoying it tends to be, really brings me way back... to that era.

Last edited by a moderator: