Reairing of Preempted "Pearl Harbor" episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahelm13

In case those of you on the East Coast USA haven't found an alternate way of viewing this episode that was partially preempted by football, it will be aired again Friday April 8th at 8:30 PM.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I think TV channel companies should all get together and make a decision as to which channel will be the primary channel for showing sport, which will be the primary channel for showing awards, any program that will result in cancellation of popular TV shows, and which channel will not show those events, and that is the channel popular programs like MITM should be shown on. The channel MITM is on here is the primary channel (free to air) for showing sports and awards events which ALWAYS have to be shown at 8pm on a Monday night. On those nights they do cancel MITM and show the episode the next week, but even that is not fair to MITM viewers who don't watch sport (like myself) to have to miss out on our show!

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I always get(for lack of a better word)angry when ever football(american) runs over MITM, I get very angry and my parents don't talk to me because I will give them the whole "Why???!!! It's not fair!!!!! Stupid Fox!!!!" speech oer and over again.

arach

Can anyone explain to me what "preempted" means? My translator says something like "acquired through precedence, obtained by a preemptive right", but I think it's more like being interrupted by that football game.

From what I've heard so far, it seems a really common problem to you people. New, never shown episodes are just interrupted by football and not shown completely, right? So you have to wait till they show it again? That seems weird to me.
Whenever that happens in my country, they are showing the episode next day or week, so that the whole thing just shifts. That's no big deal because we get the episodes more than a year later than you guys (synchronisation needs time); one week more or less is not a big difference.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Preempted means that, by the network's sole discretion, something unscheduled comes up that is more important that what was scheduled.

Fox felt that football was more important than Malcolm, so they decided they would show football instead of Malcolm.

When the President decides to give a news conference, that is usually more important than what was scheduled to be shown, so the networks show him instead.

In some cases, they show the preempted episodes, but Fox has decided not to to date.

admin

Retired Administrator
When the President decides to give a news conference, that is usually more important than what was scheduled to be shown, so the networks show him instead.
Wow, if the PM makes a speech in this country, its usually just shown on the 24 hour news channels, and the evening news... Not live across the main networks.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's shown on basically every network...major, minor...it's a big event.

This is primetime, I'm talking about, by the way. It's not nearly that big of a deal normally.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
There is much for you guys to learn of America, you have just scratched the surface of the iceberg. right yardgames?;) :D :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's right, but as I learned at the chat on Saturday, there's a lot I have to learn about Europe and Australia, as well. For example, everything is opposite in Australia, except that buses drive on the right side of the road.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Very true. maybe we could do an exchange thing with this, but I think i'm taking it a bit too far.

arach

Something's wrong with american TV-channels... football and the president's speach are more important than Malcolm? My god, I'm glad not to live in the USA. :D

(Don't take that personally you guys, I'm just joking)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, you're right. There's a lot of stuff mixed up in the US. But at least we don't drive everything but buses on the left side of the road.

As this post is now officially off-topic about as much as it can possibly be, I have decided to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.