Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Did anyone take a look at Justin Berfield's new production, Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive? It was on E! last night at 10pm. He's been working to produce it for a couple of months now; its about the kids of big-name people who have become accostomed to rich lives now going off and herding cattle for charity.

I gave it a chance, I really did. But it was boring, and dumb...basically, just another reality show for me.

Good creativity by Justin, and I certainly hopes he keeps trying production, but Filthy Rich didn't cut it for me.

allison

I actually don´t like reality shows, but I thought this one sounded fun. I can´t watch it, anyways...

Ryebeach

As a rule, I don't watch reality shows since they just don't interest me in the least. The only one I've watched before was The Apprentice season 1. I did watch Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive last night and I really enjoyed it. It was fun and certainly had an inventive premise with an eclectic cast of characters. Never a dull moment with this group. :D I laughed a number of times and will definately be tuning in again next Sunday.

gottaluvem

Hollywood actr on the way
I'm a big fan of justin myself so obviously i watched it, but It was a bit dissappointing.. actually, i was never realy excited about it ever.. i knew that it wasn't going to be very big, but i watched it anyway.. i did like the little "this is for charity" twist.. i also think that does a great job teaching everyone the real meaning of the words "spoiled brat" all in all, i'd give the show a 6/10, but i'm still going to watch it next week.. why? i dont know why..

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so mean when I said Ryebeach's opinion was biased. I'm glad some of you enjoyed it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That is an excellent question. Depending on the type of producer, he or she may do any number of jobs. In the sense of Justin and Filthy Rich, basically he and Jason (his business partner) oversee everything that goes on with the show. It's their job to at least assist in doing everything from writing the premise behind the show to choosing the contestants. But the producer's most important job is during the taping, when he needs to make sure that everything is going smoothly. If any problems devleop, it's the producer's job to get them solved ASAP. Whether it be getting medical attention, botaining a new camera, deciding how to proceed if a bridge is out, anything. It's the producer's ultimate job to make sure the show gets doen and the show gets doen well.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Lol sorry. I have the new spell checker on my Google toolbar, I ought to use it every now and then, huh?

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I wanted to watch the show, but I can't afford cable anymore. I don't watch a ton of reality tv, but I watch enough to be able to tell the difference between good reality tv and bad reality tv. Maybe I'll catch a re-run sometime when I'm at my parent's house.

Sounds like every other reality tv show, theyre boring, predictable and generally crap. I agree there are a few exceptions to the rule- The Apprentice was relativly good by reality tv standards. I just feel that the name itself has become a contradiction- but im going to end my rant there:D

gottaluvem

Hollywood actr on the way
yeah.. apprentice was great.. but the one that i want to win never does.. except when Kelly won :) yay Kelly!

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I like reality shows where you actually have to be good at something to win. Like The Apprentice, or America's Next Top Model (probably my favorite, I get together with a bunch of friends and we all watch it) I can't stand the dating ones. Those are just awful. And then there are the ones that are a little more...realistic, I guess you could say. Like Nanny 911 and Wife Swap. I say they are more realistic because the camera's go into their homes and their lives, instead of putting people in a house together. I like those. Wife Swap is more like a social experiment, really. And while I was in England I saw a show where two families trade lives. They have to live in the other families house and work their jobs and follow their routines and live on their budget. It was really interesting to watch. Again, it was more like a social experiment. So there. I have said my piece on reality tv. A lot of it is really really horrible, but a lot of sitcoms and a lot of dramas are really horrible too.