The Cows Are Coming!
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cows Are Coming!

Default Re: Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Garbage Kills Megan
    until the cows come home
    ?? HUH!? _

I dunno. It's a saying. People say it. I swear. I couldn't think of any other saying that meant "for a very long time". I knew someone would think that was weird.

Yeah, its a very famous saying, BLANK till the cows come home, meaning you can do this for a long time/forever

I think its based around the idea that cows live outside, and thus talking about smething until they come home (which would never happen) implies a long conversation.

Also relating to cows, I once read that the animal is able to walk up a flight of stairs, yet is unable to walk down them. It is something to do with thier legs and uneven weight distribution. If this is true - just imagine being the guy that found out this fact the hard way. To have a cow in one's upstairs bedroom that can never go down again would be like a vivid nightmare!

lol that would be funny. I suppose he would be stuck there until the cows come home.

I have also heard that cows can only go upstairs. My friend told me this because it was his brilliant idea for a senior prank. My highschool was all one story, except for one gym that was upstairs. He want to get a cow into the upper gym, and then they would have no way of getting it down. This, of course, didn't happen.

That would be reallu funny! Its true, the joints in a cows knee's, dont allow them to walk downstairs. You would probably still have trouble getting the cow up the stairs though.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    lol that would be funny. I suppose he would be stuck there until the cows come home.
    My guess is the cow would be stuck up there until the butcher comes home!

Default Re: The Cows Are Coming!

I looked it up and apparently cows spend all day or all night (different sites say different things)in the pasture and only come home to be milked. So, in reality, until the cows come home means either till the end of the day or all night long (depending on whether they saty out all day or all night).

cows climbing up:

Quote Originally Posted by Garbage Kills Megan
    My friend told me this because it was his brilliant idea for a senior prank.
    I've heard in the context of senior pranks too.

MitM connection: in Mini-bike, one of the parents asks Francis how he got a cow on the roof in the first place. I'm guessing it was a simmilar prank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey
    My guess is the cow would be stuck up there until the butcher comes home!
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Default Re: The Cows Are Coming!

nonono... it means, like when the cows stray away from the farm.. they'll just keep going and never decide to come back... but it doesn't matter what the literal translation... the basic implication is that it will take a long time, or forever
    "Hold fast to dreams
    for if dreams die,
    life is a broken-winged bird
    that cannot fly"
    -Dreams, Langston Hughes

"The first step in making your dreams come true.... is waking up.."

Dream On everyone