New here

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
Hi,
I'm Karin, 24, and I live in the Netherlands.

I came across this forum while looking something up about the show MITM. I love it since highschool and I'm so glad Comedy Central is showing it here again.

My favorite characters are Hal and Dewey and I have to admit I'm a bit of Bryan Cranston fan.

I am very happy you have all the episodes in the download section, there are so much episodes I would love to see again because they were so funny.
:)

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Welcome to our community from a fellow Dutchie! :D

I guess there aren't too many Dutch people around here at the moment, so it's always nice welcoming a new one!

Rich

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
Thanks tjpeople and Richiepiep.

I still read more than I post but I'm here quite often.

@Richiepiep: since you're Dutch too, did you saw the huge announcement for Breaking Bad in the Algemeen Dagblad a few weeks ago? I was so excited they were going to air it here and then they pulled it from the programming again.. :s

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks tjpeople and Richiepiep.

I still read more than I post but I'm here quite often.

@Richiepiep: since you're Dutch too, did you saw the huge announcement for Breaking Bad in the Algemeen Dagblad a few weeks ago? I was so excited they were going to air it here and then they pulled it from the programming again.. :s

I guess this must have been SBS6, which was rumoured to start airing the show? (no, the article you scanned shows it was supposed to be RTL7, but I've also read about SBS6). These announcements, especially on commercial channels, can be so random and frustrating sometimes ... They sometimes schedule a pilot, or a season, and then, probably because of disappointing audiences or other priorities, quickly take them off the air.

Anyway, I'm so glad we have it on VPRO as of Jan. 1, 2012, that is public broadcasting now wihout any commercials and stuff, but it's a bit late now, and loads of fans will have seen it as downloads, streams or on DVD.

But first and foremost, I'm really excited they decided to put it on after more than two years of campaining on my part, and I guess there will have been others promoting it too, especially after all the Emmies they received.

I sent them a mail back in August 2009, but the programmers replied that they thought the target group was too small, and they had no room for it, because they already had Dexter on, Nip and Tuck and Mad Men. Later on, they suspected, like me, that lots of fans had already seen part of the series one way or another, and this is of course the dilemma with programming on standard TV channels nowadays: there are so many other ways of viewing it, legal or illegal.

Breaking Bad is getting somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 viewers in the Netherlands now, which sounds small, but puts it in the same league as Dexter and Mad Men, quality drama series with limited audiences, partly because of late-night programming on week days I guess. Of course, these numbers don't count the numbers of postponed DVR and online viewers, so it's probably a lot more in total.

Rich

Last edited:

Dew_Fan

Welcome to the site

Glad to see that we have some new blood to make things a bit more interesting around here. I hope to be hearing more from you. :)

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
Thanks Dew_Fan :)

@TJ people:
It was very frustrating. I mailed RTL a few times about why they wouldn't air it but never got a clear answer.

When I read they would air it on VPRO I was so excited. Again great promotional reviews popped up here and there. (The one from the Veronica guide nailed it: http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-84JKZC4J.jpg The title of the article says "Best show ever" )

I tried & am still trying to get more people to watch it. That is a lot easier now it is actually on tv with subtitles.

I agree it is late, but better late than never.

Last edited: