How to improve

admin

Retired Administrator
The time has come for me to yet again ask this question, some of you probably find it a little boring now, others will suggest the same silly thing you asked for last time, but anyway here we go..

How do we improve?

As a community I like to have everyone's input in the forums and main VC in general. What improvements would you like - have you noticed any spelling mistakes, page errors etc.

Perhaps something is too complicated, or not fully explained.

Do you have a new feature idea for either site.

We need your opinion, if you joined up tomorrow or at the very beginning, we want your feedback. Somethings can be created/sorted out later away, sometimes a few weeks/months other times never or simply because they are not what the general memberbase want, or because they are impossible! :D

Dewey

Minimalistic
admin said:
if you joined up tomorrow or at the very beginning, we want your feedback.
I joined up tomorrow. Then I went back in time to write this today!
Sorry - I just could not resist doing that one! [smiles]

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I was thinking that was phrased rather oddly myself, but wasn't sure of the best way to make fun of it. Nice job dewey.

My only suggestion is the quiz thing, but Ive already posted about that so this post is a waste of time really- ignore it, delete this from your memory.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Deweyrules! said:
My only suggestion is the quiz thing, but Ive already posted about that so this post is a waste of time really- ignore it, delete this from your memory.
It's okay. you didn't post it here, it's not a repeat of another post on this thread. David asked for your opinion, you gave it.

I agree with Vincent. It looks a little confusing to newbies. Maybe we could do a FAQ with vbulletin features. Other then that, i'd say this is the best MITM site that ever graced the thing Bill Gates created called the internet.

admin

Retired Administrator
Thanks everyone, its good to get feedback, sometimes new members have great ideas no one had ever though of before, and older members can sometimes think of something they would find useful (eg a quick reply or search feature)

FAQs and Q&As are quite difficult to produce, but we do have a few lurking about, both myself and yardgames have created a few and there is the inbuilt forum ones.

We have..

Rep Points
Spoilers
Medals and Awards

Official Forums FAQ

We can always write another set of FAQs on another topic if you have one in mind which is difficult, for example avatars, signatures, posting, replying etc. Which is not explained particulary well in the official forums FAQ.

Emrysgirl

Yeah, again, a FAQ. The search thing that comes up when you click on the FAQ link is not very helpful b/c you're thinking of a different word than is used.

Also, as someone (Sam I think) mentioned when the site was being redone, we could use more quotes, and randomly ordered, in the top bar thing (isn't there a name for that?).

admin

Retired Administrator
thats an idea, do you have any ideas for quotes?

If you could all come up with 10 - 20 new interesting and funny quotes between you then I can pick from the cream and put them in the quoter.

They have to be short, a sentence max, and only one character.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Oh the title banner. Took me a moment to understand what you were talking about. I think I agreed wtih that, but didn't suggest it. But I'llt ake the credit.

I don't understand hwo you people remember everyone's names!! I still call Allison Tess for god's sake!

Emrysgirl

Hey Dewey (don't remember that one, don't think I ever knew. What's you're name?), you got a best newcomer award. Congrads!

Emrysgirl

yardgames said:
I think I agreed wtih that, but didn't suggest it. But I'llt ake the credit.
I looked through the shoutbox archive and it WAS you. See:

yardgames 21-05-2005 10:24 AM we could add more quotes to the quotulator?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I remembered you had some weird Indian name, but coudln't remember what it is and it wasn't in your profile, so that was my guess.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Oh shut up. :)

I've never been good with names. I'm trying to remember that Vincent is theblinddevil. The only reason I remember you're Justin is because it starts with J.

David, I still think you should put the name on the left, instead of having to look at the full profile to see it.

admin

Retired Administrator
yardgames said:
Oh shut up. :)

I've never been good with names. I'm trying to remember that Vincent is theblinddevil. The only reason I remember you're Justin is because it starts with J.

David, I still think you should put the name on the left, instead of having to look at the full profile to see it.
Some don't like their names in common use, as they either don't like it, or for privacy reasons. Therefore I have decided against it. If you can't remember someones name the simple option is don't use it, or use their username - I always do that, its much easier for me and other readers as well as guests to understand the flow of converstions.

MITM18

Yeah, if you really want people to call "you" by your name, you should just have your name as your username.