Are the boys really as bad as they are made out to be?

I think the Wilkerson boys are generally

• Pure Evil little children that should all be served with ASBOs (Anti Social Behaviour Orders)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Little Angels :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

admin

Retired Administrator
In the UK there seems to be a craze in TV with all these kids behavioural programmes and telling parents they are useless and what not, after seeing some of these kids it made me wonder are the Wilkerson boys really that bad, ok they do some stupid things, but have they ever been abusive to their parents, been unnecessarly violent to people on the street - all they have ever done is harmless, albeit sometimes annoying and antisocial pranks.

What do you all think, are they bad through and through, good as gold or do they have a good heart - they just like doing pranks...

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I don't think anything the boys do is done out of malice. They are just really good at pranks and getting into trouble. So good that it is like a talent that they feel they shouldn't waste. I think their biggest problem is that they never think very far in advance. They never think of the consequences. They bring this up a lot in the show.

allison

I agree. They are very good at pranks and doing disgusting things (like throwing diapers and bad eggs at people:D) but I wouldn´t say that any of them is even close to being evil. Ok, I can think of some situations when they were quite mean to innocent people (e.g Hals christmas gift, when those bikers were pretty mad and Malcolm pointed at some stranger and said "It wasn´t their fault. It was my dad") but whenever they do something like THAT, they do it for a reason and not only because they think it´s fun (I think).

Emrysgirl

I haven't voted b/c while I agree with all the posts above, I think "Warm hearted, but can go astray" is understating it. They're not evil, but they don't mean to do good. They're not astray, they're exactly where they want to be.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It's all their choice really. They can be little angels when they want to, or evil prankers when they want to. It all depends on the situation they are in.

willdubbs

They are not pure evil. But they're not little angels either. Francis changed and he became more mature. Reese starts changing too, today he's not as mean as he was in the earlier seasons. If they were pure evil they wouldn't have changed. Dewey is sometimes obnoxious but otherwise he's almost a little angel, like he said in forbidden girlfriend, "I don't want to be an "EVIL" twin".

Dina91

I don't think that they're evil, either. Yes, they do play some pranks occasionally, but at the end of the day,they are cool kids and, they definately aren't anti-social.:)

Wemboy

Emrysgirl said:
What does that have to do with this topic? Being anti-social has nothing to do with being evil.
I think you might be taking the word "evil" a little too literally. No-one's saying they are actually evil in the satanic, murderous sense; more as a figure of speech. In which case it has everything to do with being anti-social, as anti-social acts are committed by people (often kids) who are intent on annoying or upsetting others. By the way, I don't think that the kids are really that bad, they're nowhere near as bad as some of the UK's very own ASBO generation.

Garbage Kills Megan said:
I don't think anything the boys do is done out of malice. They are just really good at pranks and getting into trouble. So good that it is like a talent that they feel they shouldn't waste. I think their biggest problem is that they never think very far in advance. They never think of the consequences. They bring this up a lot in the show.
I don't think all their actions are done with malcious intent, however when some form of vengance is taking place, the action will inevitably have malicious intent, therefore I do feel that there actions can be malicious, but I agree many of them are in fact for amusement.

admin

Retired Administrator
Its interesting that most of you that replied to the thread agreed with my point of view, but those of you who voted for the other options - what are your views :D I don't want to force a reply out of you, I am just interested into why someone thinks they are evil and 3 people think they are little angels! :D

I can think of some reasons why they could be classed as "evil" or anti social, the fact that neither of them knew that it was ditch day at school must mean that don't have any friends, they also play pranks on people, also seen in that episode and Halloween Approx, which people on the recieving end might think of as anti social.

Jimmy Junior

I agree with David that they are anti-social (they haven't got any friends) although not out of choice, and they play childish pranks which is also involuntary to a certain extent because they don't know how to behave properly.

If they were a regular out-of-control chav family on ASBOs the show wouldn't be as funny; in the same way as they are dysfunctional, in an extremely functional way.