Lucky Aide
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Aide

Lightbulb Lucky Aide

How did the name "Lucky Aide" come to be? I mean, it just doesn't seem like a departmental store. Where I live, stores like that are referred to Osco Drug, Walgreens, ShopKo, etc., but Lucky Aide just seems like such a weird name...for any store.

The slogan always cracks me up..."The "L" stands for value!"

Default Re: Lucky Aide

On the DVD it mentions that Lucky Aid is a real store. And it also says how they tape while people shop, so it's like random extras for the scene. As for the name, i guess you have to ask the store owners about that.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Yardgames, you're right, that slogan cracks me up too. Don't know where the name comes from, but i'm guessing if it was a real store it must have been started by an Irish family what with the clover and all that. I think it's the Irish that came up with the whole lucky four leaf clover thing(?). Reminds me of Lucky Charms too, did you know you can't get those in England any more, my housemate had to order some from the US as a surprise for his girlfriend cos she likes em. Lucky Aide is the scene of some of my favourite MITM moments though, like when Lois and Craig are stacking the Condom shelf and Craig is like, this is "kinda intense", also when the boys have to get Lois a present and they buy her a dirtbike magazine (Reese: "I might wanna read that when you're done") and some candy (something else too that i can't remember).
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

The gifts the boys got for Lois were the dirtbike magazine, an eyeglass repair kit and throat lozenges.

That was funny, since Lois doesn't have eyeglasses.

Anyway, i did watch the commentary about Lucky Aide being a real store, but I think it's actually called something else. I could be wrong there, but I thought they called it something like "Phil's General Store." The only reason I remember is because they said that store, in real life, has absolutely any thing anyone cna imagine.

It's funny because i don't get the joke 'the L stands for value'. Can someone explain to me what it means? Thank you!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I don't know if they have it in wisconsin, but in Oregon we have drugstores called "Rite Aid" so the name Lucky Aide never seemed weird to me because it is so similar. They probably have them in California too.

Actually, I just looked them up and they do have them in Wisconsin. And there are 68 Rite Aids in LA, so I'm sure the writers have heard of it.

Yeah, I've heard of Rite Aid but I don't have any in Green Bay. It's possible that's what it's a spin on.

Enjoy my rant on my state: I've seen Rite Aids before, all in Central and North Jersey, though. South Jersey prefers Eckerd (ever hear of that one, it has the same colors, blue and white) New Jersey is having an identiy problem for the last 20 years now, ex. South uses Heinz ketchup, North uses Hunts ketchup at restraunts. The N & S Jersey want to split into two states, but, since North Jersey has more people in it, we lost that battle.
    The jerk formerly known as J.