Season 7 the final season?

Dina91

When i went to erics [per Sullivan] (Dewey) site, well, i heard that the seventh season is going to be the final season, as MITM creator Linwood Boomer has called it a day for MITM. please could sum1 help me out. Eric sayz that MITM is finishing, but it doesn't seem to sink in. I would be truly unhappy if it does finish.

Re: Season 7=final season

Although in theory it would be great if mitm could carry on forever, I think its a show that really does have a 'sell by date', due to the nature of the dynamic of the show, i.e. parents and teenagers, it was inevitable that it would have to reach a somewhat premature end, however, in my oppinion 7 seasons is pretty amazing, considering most successful comedies (omitting the simpsons) last fewer seasons. The cast is growing older, Malcolm and Reese (Frankie and Justin) are now out of their teenage years- if it were to continue any further the show puts itself in jeopardy and will potential fail. I think ending it at season 7 is good- end it on a high!

Dina91

Cum 2 think of it, I agree with u! @ least da show will end on a high note. But im still sad 2 hear da news. It was my fav show in da world. Oh well........

admin

Retired Administrator

Please don't use txt spk, we have many people here where english is not their first language, by using this cryptic slang many will find what you are saying more difficult to read :D

admin said:
Please don't use txt spk, we have many people here where english is not their first language, by using this cryptic slang many will find what you are saying more difficult to read :D
Is the dialect of text speak, actually txt spk? Should it always be spelt without the use of da unecessary vowels? I'm intrigued?

Dewey

Minimalistic

arach said:
Da show can't go on forevah. U gonna hav 2 liv with it, Ghetto Kid.

:rolleyes:
Thats so funny. Its like having Vicky [Little Britain] Pollard on here.

Wotevvaah!

Ryebeach

It's always hard to say goodbye to a show we love, especially one as good as MITM but as others have said, that is inevitable. The actors, I would think, are ready to take their careers in other directions and want the show to end on a high, as do I. :)

Dina91

Yeah, you're right. Well, good luck to the actors for the future. I hope they do well, as they are all very talented.

Frankie'sgirl

Deweyrules! said:
The cast is growing older, Malcolm and Reese (Frankie and Justin) are now out of their teenage years.
Yeah, when I think of the show ending I get really sad because I love any excuse to look at Frankie, plus it's an awesome show. But true, Justin and Frankie will be 20 and the parents are starting to look a little uh..crypt-like..well, at least Hal anyway. And how much more can you squeeze out of Francis. Dewey too for that matter. He's a genius, he's good at everything...
and Reece seems to get dumber every year. (Okay, wait, I'm rambling.) Anyway it would be good to end instead of get cancelled at the end of 9th season or have to beg actors to come back for the eleventh season ya know?

That site does not belong to Erik and how do we know it's the last season. They'd say that when they finish wouldn't they. I don't believe it's the last season although it can't go on forever. They wouldn't just have Jamie and then finish!! It seems a little umm....odd!!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Its defo the last season frankie said, and others. Its a big shame, but it would be a bad moe to continue, not to sound pesomistic but we dont yet know if it will end on a high, we havent seen the last season. :S

cranstonfan

One thing I'd like to mention here is that when a show has been on the air as long as MitM, it's not uncommon for it to last a season or two beyond the first time the creator starts talking about it being the "last season." Look at "Friends" and how many claims of "this is the last season" they went through before they finally called it a day for real.

Of course, MitM could be a different story, but I guess my point is to hope for at least an eighth season for right now....if only because we've been told that the seventh could be the last! Besides, in my opinion the show is still marvelously entertaining, having weathered the character evolution, aging of kids, etc. quite well. With Malcolm approaching college age, there might be another season or two's worth of material to go, not to mention Dewey's rise to Messianic status in the Busey class, plus Francis and Piama's need to settle into a career-minded field and maybe have a child of their own. This show is too good to simply "go out on a high note" when there's so much potential for greatness still in it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
This is true. I wouldn't mind an eigth season at all, but having Malcolm away at college may make for too many storylines to keep track of. But I certainly won't discount it, and you're right, if the cards were played right, there's the potential for the eigth season.

I think the general consensus is that Frankie wants to be done after this season and move on to other things. Maybe they could write the star out of the show as he moves on to college and continue their focus on other family members.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I thought I've seen you lurking around before, cranstonfan, but I guess you've never posted; this appears to be your first. See, you needn't be shy! We're all friendly here! Don't be intimidated by David's long constitution; it's already obsolete. (sorry, inside joke)

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Please continue to post; I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and ideas!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
cranstonfan said:
One thing I'd like to mention here is that when a show has been on the air as long as MitM, it's not uncommon for it to last a season or two beyond the first time the creator starts talking about it being the "last season." Look at "Friends" and how many claims of "this is the last season" they went through before they finally called it a day for real.

Of course, MitM could be a different story, but I guess my point is to hope for at least an eighth season for right now....if only because we've been told that the seventh could be the last! Besides, in my opinion the show is still marvelously entertaining, having weathered the character evolution, aging of kids, etc. quite well. With Malcolm approaching college age, there might be another season or two's worth of material to go, not to mention Dewey's rise to Messianic status in the Busey class, plus Francis and Piama's need to settle into a career-minded field and maybe have a child of their own. This show is too good to simply "go out on a high note" when there's so much potential for greatness still in it.
Good points, and part of me wants an 8th but with frankie not going to be interested and dont think it will continue, he want to get out of the 'kid' show and do more movies.

You have been 1 long time watched and now first time posters, you joined right at the begaining!

allison

I really don´t mean to put Frankie down, but I´m not sure if he´ll make the transition from a child actor to an adult actor. Malcolm is the role he´s best known for. Of course it´s good for him if he moves on to new projects, but it´s especially difficult for people who were starring in a sitcom for a very long time to make the transition. They´ll always be recognised as the characters they played on the show. But who knows, I hope we´ll still see all the actors also after the show has ended.

I also hope that there´ll be a 8th season, but I really doubt it. :( On the other hand we don´t know for sure if this is going to be the last season. After all there´s still a ray of hope. :D And if this will be the last season, I hope it at least will end on a high level, but I´m pretty sure it will. ;)