Photographs of the day - July 18 (with introduction)

Dewey

Minimalistic
I have a new idea for a recurring thread. Its one for the people that have digital cameras and camera phones.

Basically, each day, we all submit a photograph. It can be of ANYTHING, as long as it has been taken by yourself and it is clean etc...

You don't have to put a brief statement about thee photograph, but if you do - make it no more than 50 words.

I'm not sure if this is going to take off or not - hopefully I'm not the only one with a camera. I feel that it will be a good way to promote amateur photography and share our ideas.

MITM18

Why dont you start it since you created the thread?

PS: Wouldnt it be "photograph of the day" or "image of the day"?

Are we allowed to comment?

Instead of making a new thread for every new day, wouldnt it just make sense to have a "photograph of the day thread"?

Since thats allot of threads to make and can be called spamming like the events that happend in history on this day in the shoutbox.

Just wondering :)

Dewey

Minimalistic
To start, here is mine for today...

...I call it "Sky"...

I'll try to come up with something better tomorrow.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: Photographs of the day - July 18

Okay MITM18 - we can have it as a single thread - so long as we have the date in each post. I don't want to spam as much as you like being spammed. [smiles]

Anyone can post an image, and yes, we are allowed to comment, if we wish.

I look forward to seeing everyone's images.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
again a very nice idea. Maybe i'll upload an image during the next days (probably tomorrow)

admin

Retired Administrator
Wouldn't it be more relavent if these photos had a MITM theme to them. You can use the photos in our gallery for example to express your mood.

Just a small niggle though, if you are going to start a photo of the day thread please get your own webspace, we can't clutter up the database with thousands of non MITM related pictures, its already pretty full :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
July 19:

I call it "Grinning coconut"

7LmV8CbV.jpg
http://ggg.de

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: Photographs of the day - July 19 (with introduction)

July 19(ish):

This was taken literally 5 minutes ago. I call it "The view from my bedroom window - at night"

The occupants in the house opposite saw the camera flash. It was followed by movement of active sillouettes through the curtain light.

They may assume i was taking a picture of them - If they happen to be on this site, I can assure you, i am no "Peeping Tom" - although the use of flash photography at half past midnight (and in public) may not be totally normal. - I might stick to daytime photography for the future.

Anyway, I'll stop writing now...enjoy the photograph

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Jul. 20
I call this one "My Name on the Birthday Board"

The Student Council puts your birthday on the birthday board at my (former) school for $3 or $6.25, one for 3 days, other for 5. I got mine up for free for doing that board mon, wed, and fri. reguardless of weather, snow, rain, heat. the image might be small.

samboo1

Maybe really late to say this but, cool pics you guys...grinning coconut made me laugh, b/c of the randomness and the birthday board made me think...well i dunno. I guess i thought 'i want my school to do that!'...anyway...yeah cool pics guys.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
O yeah, that was a nice thread. I had totally forgottend about it. Well, nevermind,
let's go on...

January 11; Show me your shoes (and guess what shoes are mine:D)
schuhe3td.jpg

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I guess the brown ones. - there quite nice also - if they are yours - nice shoes - if its one of the other then .........fight the power! dont wear coverse! - only kidding......

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@Dabney--I'm going with the brown ones also. :D

It can be a pic of anything, right? We'll here's cool pic of a vent on the Kilauea volcano in Hawaii that I took as I was flying over it in a plane (a very small plane, mind you, which was a little scary.) Unfortunetly it wasn't erupting much that day, but you can see the lava down inside of it a little. I have some other awesome picts from Hawaii and a few from Arizona (my family travels a lot).

http://www.geocities.com/wildcatz327/kiluea.jpg
kiluea.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/wildcatz327/kiluea.jpg