Frankie Muniz Gets Engaged! UPDATE: No Longer

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Frankie Muniz Supports Rebuilding of New Orleans

Oh, definitely. You're absolutely right. We had quite a debate on this last summer when the engagement first came up.

If we all can think back to Frankie in the My Dog Skip era, he was just a completely different person than he is now. I think Big Fat Liar and Agent Cody Banks completely changed him because they showed him that he could get a movie gig anytime he wanted. People always told him to be wary of the childhood-->adult actor transition, but he never took them seriously. He always thought he had outsmarted them when he continued to act after he's 18.

He's a great guy and everyting, but at this point, I think he runs his life in such a way that he's trying to prove to people he can--and has--made it as an adult.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

For the love of.....not trying to argue, but some of you guys are really jumping on Frankie pretty damn hard! What do you mean he's trying to prove something? He's just an actor who, in my opinion, has provided tons of laughs on one of the greatest shows ever made(MITM, of course). He doesn't show stuff off or anything. I don't see what's the big thing everyone has against him.
And another thing, what's all this prejudice against his soon-to-be-wife? Why is everybody so worked up and uptight about their marriage? He loves her, she loves him, their getting married. What right do we have to gripe about that? If they wanna get married, then let em get married.

alleyboy

tony_montana said:
For the love of.....not trying to argue, but some of you guys are really jumping on Frankie pretty damn hard! What do you mean he's trying to prove something? He's just an actor who, in my opinion, has provided tons of laughs on one of the greatest shows ever made(MITM, of course). He doesn't show stuff off or anything. I don't see what's the big thing everyone has against him.
And another thing, what's all this prejudice against his soon-to-be-wife? Why is everybody so worked up and uptight about their marriage? He loves her, she loves him, their getting married. What right do we have to gripe about that? If they wanna get married, then let em get married.

Exactly! Some people deep down rather they admit it or not think of his beautiful soon to be wifey as an outsider. They feel they've known "Malcolm" the longest and claim him as their own.:D Very touching.:(

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Maybe these 4 posts look a little better here. :D Continue. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Allow me to defend my point again.

First of all, I have nothing against Frankie. I'm sure he's a great guy and a great friend to everyone to knows him. He's an amazing actor--he manages things that veteran actors can't do--and he pulls them off brilliantly!

Maybe Frankie has done more charity work in the past than things like his basketball games, but, as someone mentioned, those sorts of things really aren't publicized, are they? That's different from Justin, who's constantly being publicized for his work with Ronald McDonald House and humane societies. Now whether or not that's biased, I really can't say, but naturally, from the information I have, I would be more inclined to believe that Justin is doing community service sincerely from the bottom of his heart to do it, while Frankie has other--more selfish--goals in mind. And that's not bad!! I don't think I've ever done community service for whatever thrill people say they get when they help other people. :D But the point is that, from the information given, one is led to believe that Frankie hasn't done as much in that arena as Justin has.

About Jamie--it's not that we hate or are pouncing on her or anything. I'm sure she's a great girl and her and Frankie get along great. But I do question the adjective used: love. Love is a very strong word and can lead to false emotions if it's used improperly. Frankie isn't exactly one to stick with the decisions he makes. He bought up his car collection, then sold it. He bought--what? Like 3 houses--before he decided on the one he liked. For the last few seasons, he's been saying he's sick of playing Malcolm. Frankie just isn't into long-term commitments. I certainly wish him and Jamie the very best, but I hope Frankie doesn't marry her, then decide he no longer loves her.

Wemboy

yardgames said:
Frankie isn't exactly one to stick with the decisions he makes. He bought up his car collection, then sold it. He bought--what? Like 3 houses--before he decided on the one he liked. For the last few seasons, he's been saying he's sick of playing Malcolm. Frankie just isn't into long-term commitments. I certainly wish him and Jamie the very best, but I hope Frankie doesn't marry her, then decide he no longer loves her.

Well i'd have to take issue with that reading of Frankie's decisions. Sounds to me more like you should flip that argument on its head, and say that it's really all evidence of Frankie growing up a bit. If someone gave me a million dollars when i was fifteen i'd have spent it on flashy cars, but it seems that he's now realised that no-one really needs a collection like that, so why not free up some of the capital invested in it. Also, not only does it take time to find the perfect home, but he's also moved around the country quite a bit, so obviously he's going to change the houses he owns. And again, his focus may have shifted as he grows older.

As for saying he's sick of playing Malcolm, i say fair enough, he's obviously enjoyed his time on the show, but he's been doing it for around 8 years. Of course he wants to move on, so does the entire cast by the sound of it, and it's hardly been a short term commitment. I'm not going to comment on the marriage thing because i know nothing about it, and neither does anyone else on this forum, but i wish them both the best of luck, and i hope they have a happy life together.

Reesegurl

Re: Frankie Muniz Gets Engaged!

I don't have anything against Frankie, I'm just not a fan. And I definitly don't have anything against his girl, I don't even know her! But like someone said (yardgames I think) Frankie doesn't seem like he fully thinks about stuff before taking actions.
I just think that he is sort of jumping into something really quickly by getting married. I was reading about what the cast thought about Frankie getting married and they were all shocked! Justin said he doesn't even want to think about getting married until hes 30! I just hope that it lasts but I just don't see it happening. But thats just my opinion!

I do wish them the best:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

They plan to be married by the end of the year according to the info in the "Frankie supports the Rebuilding of New Orleans" thread.

fraancisca

Well.....

I want him to marry me..:( but, if he is happy I am too!

:)

Is it written correctly? I don't know. I do not speak english.

:* for Frankie Muniz (L) :*

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Hi Fraancisca, welcome to the forum. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are not thrilled about Frankie getting married, but he seems really happy with Jaime so we are happy for him. :)

I corrected the grammar in your post to make it a little easier to understand. Don't worry, there are a lot of people who come here that don't speak English as their main language. Just do the best you can and a mod will correct your post (if it needs to be corrected.) Feel free to pm me, yardgames, J. or tjpeople if you have any questions. :)

TehKappy

not to brag or anything but muniz's fiancée's little brother goes to my school lol he was telling the class the other day about how they are getting married so i decided to check this out.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Frankie's fiance's brother. Whoa, that's a mouthful. :D So, Jamie's brother, right? That's cool, what grade are you guys in? Welcome to the forums, are you a fan of MITM or just happen to know Frankie? :)