What Celebrities Would You Like To See In Season 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't need to see any celebs. One of the things that makes MITM different is the lack of big-name celebrities--it seems more normal, more natural, if you will. There were a couple of people in Company Picnic and Lois' Sister, and it's not that those eps were bad, but they could have just as easily pulled it off without using those big name people, so I would put the money elsewhere.

Emrysgirl

What about bringing back some of the guest stars?

Rather than celebrities, I would like to see some recurring characters outside the family. Like Eric or the Krelboynes. The Buseys are good, but there should be more. The family is growing too introverted.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
I don't need to see any celebs. One of the things that makes MITM different is the lack of big-name celebrities--it seems more normal, more natural, if you will. There were a couple of people in Company Picnic and Lois' Sister, and it's not that those eps were bad, but they could have just as easily pulled it off without using those big name people, so I would put the money elsewhere.
I'm agreeing with you again yardgames. Seem to be doing a lot of that today.;):)

I've never been one for the so called "stunt-casting" of high profile guest stars. While it occasionally works for some shows, Brad Pitt on Friends comes to mind, but in general, big namers don't add anything to the show, in my opinion. Instead of supporting the excellent cast, they often overdue it and end up taking away from the actors who've been on the show week after week for years. MITM already has such a great cast I for one don't need to see any famous celebrities in guest spots this season.

Ryebeach

MITM18 said:
It boosts the ratings when people know that a big celeb is going to have a role in a show.
So very true and most likely that is why we'll end up seeing a famous celebrity in a guest spot next season, even though I'd prefer not to. But ratings are the name of the game.

Ryebeach

Emrysgirl said:
What about bringing back some of the guest stars?

Rather than celebrities, I would like to see some recurring characters outside the family. Like Eric or the Krelboynes. The Buseys are good, but there should be more. The family is growing too introverted.
Good idea. I'd love to see all the Kreylboynes (and Mr. Herkabe) back for the finale, especially if they end up doing a graduation episode for Malcolm. I'd love to see how they all turned out after their high school career and what they have in store for the future. Would make for some great comedic moments I would think.

MITM-Fan

I'm not a fan of involving other celebrities in the show either. But what I like is having celebrities as guest stars who almost have been forgotten or who don't take on new movie roles that often anymore.
Like Christopher Lloyd or the little brother of Bill Murray who played Hal's "best friend". That's what I like.
What I'm waiting for is seeing one of the cast members from other shows/sitcoms on MITM..like Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) or Kevin James (from "King of Queens"). That would be hell of fun. :p :D

:cool:

Dina91

I dont think that many people are big fans of Tony Blair. I for one, hate Tony Blair, but thets my opinion of him. If they were to bring a celebrity guest, they would probobaly have to bring a popular celebrity to boost the viewings, somebody that most people have heard of. :D

Dewey

Minimalistic
Though this would NEVER happen, it would be amazing if the creators of the show would collaborate with the creators of Little Britain for a special episode.

They could introduce Vicky Pollard as an exchange student from England, maybe she could date Reese - it would be hilarious to see how she interacts with the likes of Lois and Hal.

And as part of the exchange programme, Malcolm could be staying in England for some time - perhaps with Marjorie Dawes - again, this would be just the funniest thing ever...

Dewey

Minimalistic
I've just thought of another...

How about Ricky Gervais?
Again, this could b just for a one of episode. Maybe David Brent could be Hal's new boss.

reese35

Maybe in one of the episodes, Reese could go to cooking school for a few days (like Malcolm went to college in season 5), and the teacher could be none other than...

GORDON RAMSAY!

Jimmy Junior

I agree with Yardgames in as much as MiTM doesn't need any guest stars - if you filter through the crap on the Simpsons forum you'll see loads of posts by people like me complaining that the guest stars have reduced the overall quality of the show and made it less of a timeless classic - when Tony Blair gets toppled from power (I never wanted him there in the first place) or when NSync, JK Rowling, Brittney Spears etc have disappeared into obscurity, those episodes won't make any sense to new viewers - the episone featuring Paul and Linda McCartney (deceased) is already dated.

Dewey said:
How about Ricky Gervais?
Again, this could b just for a one of episode. Maybe David Brent could be Hal's new boss.
This could be an exception, provided he doesn't play himself or his character - there was some American sitcom a while ago where a celebrity played the next door neighbour and you could only see his eyes and nose above the fence. I think a celebrity appearance would only work if they were given a walk-on role as a passing character.

theblinddevil

I agree with most of the people here, i don't think the show needs celebrities. In some shows or movies the creator appears in a small role, so it might be nice if Linwood became a guest-star to his own show :D.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
theblinddevil said:
I agree with most of the people here, i don't think the show needs celebrities. In some shows or movies the creator appears in a small role, so it might be nice if Linwood became a guest-star to his own show :D.
That would be kind of neat. He could just do little tiny parts in the background, like Hitchcock used to do. It's the kind of thing that only big fans would notice since most people probably don't know what Linwood looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.