Harry Potter - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

Default Re: Harry Potter

Definitely not. Definitely hate Star Wars.

I guess that convestation is for another thread as this one is for Harry Potter only

I tend to like the Harry Potter movies better than the books but I say that having read only the 1st and 3rd books in the series. I just found it hard to get into the books. I thought the movies have been extremely well done to date, amazingly creating on the screen what I imagined locales would look like from the text. Looking forward to the next film in November.

I'm somewhat with Dabney.

I like the first two movies. I haven't seen the third one yet. Some people say it's much better, others say it's no good.

I don't, however, like the books (I've read the first two and 10ish pages of the third). That's weird, because I'm an avid reader and usually it's the other way around. I make it a point to read the book before I go to a movie based on a book, and this is the only one where I liked the movie better. I think it's because Rowling doesn't describe much. She just uses old terms or general descriptions. So, in print, it's obvious she's just stealing (or borrowing, as some would have it) from other authors. But the movies make the characters very different.

I'm not a Star Wars fan either. I saw the first movie and gave up. I do however love LotR, both the books and the movies. I gone through all the appendices of the book and most of the commentaries on the DVDs. I own the 12-disk edition.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

12 discs of LotR!? lol man alive...

Please Yardgames, you should no better please stay on topic about harry potter and not star wars or lotr.

6 are just the movies themselves (plus commentary options). As you may remember, they are very...very long. The others are interviews, maps, etc. Basically, how they made the movie.

But, as MITM18 would point out, we're off topic .

It all relates back to Harry Potter, MITM18; why have you been so vigilant about this all of a sudden? If you'd like, I'll change the thread title.

Make a new thread if you want to talk about non harry potter, I was asking for those that do like Harry Potter, why and if anyone is excited about the sequel coming out next week.

If you do not like Harry Potter thats fine too but at least make an argument instead of saying it just stinks.

Sorry...I admit it's annoying if you're not the one changing the topic. And in my defense, I did give a reason.