Harry Potter

MITM18

I love the books and the films.

Cant wait for the new one coming out this month, should be amazing.

Love the adventures and stories, while its a magical world you can still relate too it.

Aswell its very well done by JK Rowling

DO NOT POST SPOILERS TO THE UPCOMING BOOK

prettyburd

i love harry potter i mean im no huge fan but its cool it makes you wish you had powers and stuff. i like the movies more than the books but ill read the books just for fun to compare it to the movies. I want to see the new on eharry potter and the half blood prince that didnt spoil anything did it???

Malcolm

I like the books, too. The movies are OK but never as good as the novels.
My favourite character is Ron Weasley, because of his sense of humor. Actually, maybe I like the books so much because of the sense of humor. :)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I don't actually like Harry Potter, neither the books, nor the films. I first started to read the first book in German, but i stopped after 50 pages. Then I started to read it in English, because i thought it might be better in the original version. But it wasn't. Then i saw the second movie and i didn't like it either. I just don't like such stories with wizards and stuff. I don't like Lord of the rings, either. (please don't beat me;) )

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It was an expression of emotion, the best way in which to convey the funny sarcasm I was attempting to in text.

Ryebeach

I tend to like the Harry Potter movies better than the books but I say that having read only the 1st and 3rd books in the series. I just found it hard to get into the books. I thought the movies have been extremely well done to date, amazingly creating on the screen what I imagined locales would look like from the text. Looking forward to the next film in November.

Emrysgirl

I'm somewhat with Dabney.

I like the first two movies. I haven't seen the third one yet. Some people say it's much better, others say it's no good.

I don't, however, like the books (I've read the first two and 10ish pages of the third). That's weird, because I'm an avid reader and usually it's the other way around. I make it a point to read the book before I go to a movie based on a book, and this is the only one where I liked the movie better. I think it's because Rowling doesn't describe much. She just uses old terms or general descriptions. So, in print, it's obvious she's just stealing (or borrowing, as some would have it) from other authors. But the movies make the characters very different.

I'm not a Star Wars fan either. I saw the first movie and gave up. I do however love LotR, both the books and the movies. I gone through all the appendices of the book and most of the commentaries on the DVDs. I own the 12-disk edition.

MITM18

Please Yardgames, you should no better please stay on topic about harry potter and not star wars or lotr.

Emrysgirl

6 are just the movies themselves (plus commentary options). As you may remember, they are very...very long. The others are interviews, maps, etc. Basically, how they made the movie.

But, as MITM18 would point out, we're off topic:D .

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It all relates back to Harry Potter, MITM18; why have you been so vigilant about this all of a sudden? If you'd like, I'll change the thread title.

MITM18

Make a new thread if you want to talk about non harry potter, I was asking for those that do like Harry Potter, why and if anyone is excited about the sequel coming out next week.

If you do not like Harry Potter thats fine too but at least make an argument instead of saying it just stinks.

Emrysgirl

Sorry...I admit it's annoying if you're not the one changing the topic. And in my defense, I did give a reason.