Teenage girls in MITM

cadetspangler

Not all girls on the show are bad. Cynthia was really great. I'f I were back in middle school, I'd want her to be my girlfriend :wub:

Jessica was crazy, but it was hard not to sorta like her :)

Piama was a lot like a younger Lois, but she seemed nice when not provoked. It's sad that no one really remembers her that well...it's like the writers always felt restrained from giving her any defining moments :mad:

And Niccki. Nikki was nice.

cadetspangler

I realized that, too. One reason why I don´t like most of the girls on the show (and you´re right, Cynthia was the only one who didn´t behave like the other girls) is that they´re so bossy and bitchy. I´m pretty sure writers did that on purpose, though I can´t say of course the exact reason for it(maybe arach is right and they always met the wrong/right :Dgirls).
But I think it got pretty lame after a while. And they started that "concept" at the beginning of the 2nd season, because those girls who appeared during the 1st season weren´t like that (e.g Wendy and that blonde girl who dumped Malcolm after she had slipped and had put her head into their garbage...)
Maybe writers did that to give kind of a reason why Malcolm and Reese don´t have any girlfriends. I mean sure, on the one hand they´re supposed to be losers, but on the other hand they usually just meet horrible girls who are far from being nice. Just think of the reason why Alison dumped Malcolm and Reese: Malcolm used a "wrong" word which made her realize that he isn´t as stupid as herself and Reese lied to her but apologized and even wanted to break his leg for her!!!
You are right, it´s a little sad that girls on the show are portrayed that way, but as lots of other things on the show you just shouldn´t take this too seriously. :D I also don´t like these shows where women are always right wheras men are always wrong etc (unfortunately most sitcoms follow that concept).
I hate clichees, and even if this isn´t a real clichee it´s just stupid and gets boring after some time.
Maybe it´s also because nothing is really normal on Malcolm in the middle. Just look at the characters. I would say most of them (including their friends, relatives etc) aren´t what people would call normal. So the girls on that show are kind of weird, too. It would be good if they were more "individual" though and not only bossy little sluts, but I don´t think writers want to show the reality here.

Alison kinda had every reason to break up with Reese---he did everything in his power to get out of going to prom with her. But at least he seemed to really like her, which I think is why her actions came out kinda harsh. Either way, she should have stayed on the show.

I should also mention Amaani. She was gorgeous, but...she left Francis just because he was going to join the clown fight for 5 minutes? :eek: Well, I guess he was sorta driving her nuts, so...