When did you first watch MITM?

Dewey

Minimalistic
I feel that when MITM was first introduced to the UK television viewing public via, it was not carried out appropriately. This is not the fault of the show's creators, but the BBC.

The BBC's view of the show seemed to have been: It was a show which featured children - therefore its assumed to be just a kid's show. It was therefore evident that when they carried out their promotional activity, the BBC did not really embrace its audience to what the show was really about and the amount of potential it really had before it. Six seasons and counting is surely enough to prove that.

The BBC usually lackss in their approach to shows from America. I guess thats why they have eventually lost great shows such as The Simpsons and 24. And don't mention what they did with Seinfeld.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
appanah said:
I feel that when MITM was first introduced to the UK television viewing public via, it was not carried out appropriately. This is not the fault of the show's creators, but the BBC.

The BBC's view of the show seemed to have been: It was a show which featured children - therefore its assumed to be just a kid's show. It was therefore evident that when they carried out their promotional activity, the BBC did not really embrace its audience to what the show was really about and the amount of potential it really had before it. Six seasons and counting is surely enough to prove that.

The BBC usually lackss in their approach to shows from America. I guess thats why they have eventually lost great shows such as The Simpsons and 24. And don't mention what they did with Seinfeld.
Now dont get me started on the BBC! :mad:

Hendrix

I began watching from the first episode but, I did not really get hooked until 'Shame'. I remember being so mad having to wait three months for the conclusion to 'Waterpark'.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Me too! And compared to Water Park, (when I finally figured out it was the sequel) Traffic Jam was disappointing.

Hendrix

yardgames said:
Me too! And compared to Water Park, (when I finally figured out it was the sequel) Traffic Jam was disappointing.
I wasn't that disappointed. I WAS a little disturbed after seeing a dog kill a bird.

admin

Retired Administrator
It is annoying that the BBC treat MITM like crap, but then again look how they butchered the Simpsons. I really hope the Channel 4 or five pick up MITM next season, as at least they will treat the show respectabely

S

sullie1505

Hey I just joined this website because someone put it on a post on the fox.com/malcolm site, but this seems to be a much better website. I have only seen one other memeber in this site from the fox one that i reconise but i hope more people from there join this one. This is also my first post.

I only really started getting into malcolm in the middle recently before that i would watch it from time to time when it was on after the simpsons on SKY ONE but now i can't miss MitM.

Here in Ireland they show MitM on TV3, i dont know what the last new episode they showed of MitM was because i never watched MitM on TV3 before but they don't seem to be making any effort to show any new episodes there is no commercials about it anyway. They are showing episodes from season 4, my friend who watches it on TV3 says that it stopped at the end of season 4 and they just repeat season4. I guess they are'nt going to bother showing any more new episodes because everyone here has SKY and they just watch it on SKY ONE. If anyone here knows anything about TV3 showing new episodes please post and tell me

sry about the post being so long!!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the forums. Here, we like to focus on MITM chatting, instead of on how hot the actors are, or random discussion that has nothing to do with Malcolm.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

Amigo22

Super Moderator
yardgames said:
Welcome to the forums. Here, we like to focus on MITM chatting, instead of on how hot the actors are, or random discussion that has nothing to do with Malcolm.
Which means we are better than other MITM forums :)

PecanSandies

I actually saw the first few episodes when they were shown alongside Futurama and The Simpsons.
Remember when it seemed like FOX ran the pilot every Sunday for a few weeks?

starlite07

I started about acouple of months ago, I saw some of frankies and justins' movies and I found out they were on mitm, so I decided to watch it.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
starlite07 said:
I started about acouple of months ago, I saw some of frankies and justins' movies and I found out they were on mitm, so I decided to watch it.
So you enjoyed the MITM movies then?

We were talking earlier today about whether people would watch movies just because the cast of MITM was in them; it turns out many of us did, but didn't enjoy the movies nearly as much, primarily because they were aimed at younger kids.

It seems as though it was just the opposite with you, and I must say I'm quite surprised Frankie's and Justin's movies made you want to watch the show. Good for you!

allison

It took me a long time to watch MITM (I wonder why). When it was first aired here I watched some episodes, but only because it filled a gap between 2 of my favourite shows. I missed the entire 2nd season and only watched the 3rd season, because I always taped the new episodes of the Simpson and Malcolm in the middle was shown right before it. I started to like the show, but still I was far from being a fan. But last summer I watched all the episodes I had taped and suddenly found the show great. And now I´ve become a loyal fan of it. :D

PecanSandies

I didn't really become a fan until I started watching the syndicated edition. I just remember watching it before The Simpsons on Sundays.

SilentZ

More or less from the beginning... I skipped a lot of season 2, but have caught up and since then I've seen every one... most of them multiple times.

Unfortunately, I'm out of town tonight until Thursday and I have to wait till I get home and can get to my DVR, unless some lovely person can put it up in a certain group-based file sharing software :)

-Jason

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Hmm, what could you be referring to? I should have it by Tuesday, usually zmaster or tjpeople gets it late Monday, so hopefully you can enjoy it before Thursday. No Motorcycles was a fantastic episode, after you see it, don't forget to share your thoughts.

I started watching it in the summer before season 3 and ever since then I've been watching it religiously. Except for when I missed a couple episodes cause i was gone

reese35

Kind of a long story for me, watching MITM early. When it first came out - and are you sitting down? - I DIDN'T WATCH IT AT ALL! True, I ordered one of the books - My Class Project it was called? - for enjoyment. Later on I watched occasionally (select episodes such as 3.13 - Cynthia's Back and 4.15 Garage Sale). Then during last season, day after Christmas, Fox had a Malcolm mini-marathon, showing the Pilot, 2.1 - Traffic Jam, 3.17 - Dewey's Dog, and 4.1 - Zoo. I recorded the marathon too. Then starting with, 5.11 - Ida's Boyfriend, there was not an episode I didn't record (except for Motivational Seminar). Now, 5 years after Malcolm's premiere and one DVD set later, I am now a die-hard Malcolm fan.

By the way, allow me to introduce myself. Reese35, Malcolm fan of 1 year and 4 months. I'm new and this is my first message.