Anyone have any tips on rollerblading?

Gill

One of my friends is throwing a party at a roller rink on 10/9/10 and I would like to go. The problem is, is that I have no idea how to roller skate. I've watched a whole bunch of videos on YouTube and 'Rollerskates' (although 'Rollerskates' didn't really help that much) and I was wondering if anyone here could share some tips to a beginner?

The last time I attempted to skate was when I was in 1st grade which was 8 years ago. I was using a quad skate then, so should I try out in-line skates or just stick to quad skates? Oh yeah, and what size skates should I get? I usually wear a size 6 or 7 for women.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
No idea sorry, I'm a little scared of skating or any sort, I did have some Power Ranger skates when I was younger and they where pretty awesome.

PBUNDY

Since you haven't skated in 8 years I would stick to the quad skates. It's going to be much easier to balance on those than the in-line skates. As for skate size, I would try a 6 first and see if those fit because it's going to make it even harder for you if you're skating in skates that are too big.

zachman93

Relax, try not to tense up, and take long, smooth pushes/strides. The more you worry about falling, the tenser you'll get, and the more likely you'll overbalance and fall. Good luck!