And so it ends

backfence

An hour of Malcolm in the Middle just ended on Nick @ Nite to make way for another five hours of George Lopez. This is a low point.

Yasashii

oh man... This is just sad. I mean, I haven't been watching MITM on Nick@nite anyway, but other people have. Probably only a small part of them even knows where to get Malcolm to download. They will just forget about it.

Since we reached a low point, don't You think it's time to do something? Like... I don't know, for example make a cosplay-like party. You know, like the Japaneese do. Or make a contest for the best fanart and best fan story related to MITM, print it, and sell it on ebay. Money earned could go for another ideas/happenings that would keep MITM well known.

Whatever, but we are not gonna sit quietly and watch the MITM world slowly die... are we?

Richiepiep

Administrator
oh man... This is just sad. I mean, I haven't been watching MITM on Nick@nite anyway, but other people have. Probably only a small part of them even knows where to get Malcolm to download. They will just forget about it.

Since we reached a low point, don't You think it's time to do something? Like... I don't know, for example make a cosplay-like party. You know, like the Japaneese do. Or make a contest for the best fanart and best fan story related to MITM, print it, and sell it on ebay. Money earned could go for another ideas/happenings that would keep MITM well known.

Whatever, but we are not gonna sit quietly and watch the MITM world slowly die... are we?

Fan art would certainly come in handy, since we're still dealing with an empty banner at the top where our Malcolm family picture used to be (believe it or not (you'd better do), but the banner picture was removed by Fox, because they said it was copyright infringement to put it there!).

Actually, I've contacted two extremely capable cartoonists to create something for us, but never got a reply. :(

As for more MITM reruns, let's hope for more syndication! MITM is still on various regional Comedy Central channels (Netherlands, Poland and Hungary), for instance. I dare not say anything about DVD releases of course, as they may be postponed for another few years or so, but should they arrive, it will definitely garner renewed interest.

Rich

Gill

On the topic of fanart...I've been working a portrait of Reese for several months now and I'm close to finishing it. Maybe I could submit it here and on my deviantART account so more people know about MITM or discover this site.

A contest does sound interesting. In less than 50 days, it'll be Halloween, maybe we could have a costume contest or something?

jasinfla

I came home the other night to watch Malcolm on Nick & I have to say, I'm very disappointed in what they are doing with the series. They say it's only going to be on the weekends from 12-1am but how long will that last?? I mean, seriously to each their own, but 4 hours of the Nanny?? I mean seriously...My local syndicated channel just dropped Malcolm & I was disappointed & I just FX keeps it going. I mean it was a Fox show & I would think to some certain extent it would stay on there. I'm like you all & don't want to see the series die on TV. Not alot of people see this but MITM had some of the best writing & the characters were developed the best I ever see on a show. You just watch all the seasons & see you can this..I mean Reese was a mirror image of Hal & I have to say to say it was the most innovative series that I have ever seen & it was genius not to use the annoying laugh track & just be genuine.

backfence

I used to watch it between the two Simpson's episodes on Fox in reruns all the time. Then they removed it and put TMZ in that spot, they removed the other Malcolm rerun after the last Simpson's episode of the night for the TMZ rerun too. Then it was airing pretty good on FX until N@N bought the syndication, then they played it for a week and forgot about it. It really sucks. Malcolm has gotten the shaft in syndication since the end of the series, just like they moved the last season into the dead line-up day and let it die.

jasinfla

Backfence, I cannot agree more with you. I just hope that it does stay on TV & like I said, I think FX will keep it on to a certain extent because it was one of their own. I hate with Nick is doing with it. I know I've heard the Fox execs talking about finding the next "Malcolm comedy" on their station. It seems like their live action comedies just keep flopping & they just cannot find that consistency that they found with MITM.

zachman93

It's sad that either people would rather watch The Nanny / George Lopez, or that Nick THINKS they would rather watch The Nanny / George Lopez. Both terribly overrated shows, in my opinion.

PBUNDY

Malcolm in the Middle has actually started airing on TeenNick now. I happened to catch the premiere last night. I think they have it scheduled to air 2 episodes each night. Hopefully it will actually do well on this network.

jasinfla

I actually think it fits better on TeenNick even though I thought it fitted good on Nick at Nite too but with "That 70's Show" & "What I Like About You", this is a perfect fit. What I saw is that Malcolm will have the 10-11pm slot & then again, repeated, at 1-2am.

jasinfla

Now TeenNick has pulled it...nice, I really hate Nick (Viacom) plus all they know to do is repeat the same episodes over and over. Maybe if they play more of the different season episodes that they would get good ratings...hopefully FX keeps it going.