Season 1 on Blu-Ray

Rumulox

I've pretty much given up all hope that seasons 2-7 will ever appear on DVD because apparently Fox is a bunch of dumbasses. Since everything was cool for the season 1 DVD release, does this mean that we should be expecting a blu-ray release?

I can't see why not, it wouldn't be licensing issues or anything again... so as far as I'm aware, the only thing stopping this one would be Fox... again...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
We are yet to see HD versions broadcast on TV. They would have to rescan the film at HD quality to produce a blu-ray which takes time and money.

Rumulox

I thought someone had upload like 9 episodes from the sixth season in HD at some point?

(i commented in that thread as well)

AlexTheMartian

The later two-thirds of the series was originally broadcasted in HDTV format:

2000 - 2002: 480i (SDTV)
2002 - 2006: 720p (HDTV)

I do not think 720p is high enough forblu-ray, isn't blu-ray 1080p?

and regarding uploaded... all or at least all but one of the HD seasons are floating around the internet, but this thread is talking about a Blu-ray release of season 1, not HD episodes available online.

Rumulox

Yeah, I started the thread originally asking about the release of Blu-Ray season 1 but I would definitely let 720p anything Malcolm tide me over until then.

If anyone could provide a link to this it would be greatly appreciated. (hoping for a torrent)