Custom(-ish) DVD Covers

FRED

Hey

I had been wanting to burn DVDs of the series for a while now, but it just wouldn't feel complete without having cases and covers to go along with them. Seeing Carljohnson's covers (it's a shame they were never posted in full resolution!) made me want to try my hand at making some covers, which is something I've never done before. If you say my covers are a complete ripoff of his, then you'd be absolutely correct. :) It started as just recreating his covers but I ended up putting some of my own touches into it, mostly to maintain consistency.

I made these for myself (so don't exepct a top-notch job or anything) but I figured perhaps some of you may enjoy these. Unfortunately, as you can see with the previews the spines were slightly off-center (I must have messed up my measurements!) but that can easily be adjusted when fitting them into an actual case.

Tell me what you think of them, and if anyone is interested in full res versions you can print out and use, I'll gladly post them.

Spoiler for Cover Previews:
icmalcolm1.jpg

icmalcolm2.jpg

icmalcolm3.jpg

icmalcolm4.jpg

icmalcolm5.jpg

icmalcolm6.jpg

icmalcolm7.jpg

alloo.jpg

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I'm totally cool with you copying Carljohnson, its has always pained me that we never got the full res from him! And to be honest yours look better, I agree the consistency works.

I would make my day if you could upload full resolutions! :)

FRED

Thanks for doing that Richiepiep! That will make it look much better. I'll probably go back and replace the front image with that one, not sure when I'll get around to it though.

KaiGusto

I don't suppose anyone has these cover images without any extra text on them? I'd like to make some custom covers myself but a bit different than these ones.