Frankie's Tattoo

Richiepiep

Administrator
Very interesting observation! I hadn't seen the tattoo in the promos. The minigolf pictures were taken on on August 9, 2005, the day when the third episode of S7 (Reese vs. Stevie) was shot, so unless Frankie is wearing long sleeves throughout the rest of the season, or used heavy make-up, there should be signs of it.

So what do you think? Was it there in Burning Man, hidden under make-up, or not?

Rich

Gill

Thanks for the images! I was looking at the first one and there was a clear shot of where the tattoo should be on his arm. However, it's not there. They probably used heavy make up to cover it up.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure I heard makeup was used to cover up his Tattoos, can't recall where I got that from.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I thought in the second attached image, with Frankie at the table, I could see some shadow where the tattoo would be, but that may be my overactive imagination. Or just poor image quality.

If not, Frankie must have gotten his tattoo between July 26 (when Burning Man was shot) and August 9, 2005.

Rich

Nico21

In this interview Frankie Muniz explains that makeup is often used to cover tattoos: "The makeup is so advanced these days, you'd be surprised how many actors have tattoos! It takes some time to cover them, that is the bad part."

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
In this interview Frankie Muniz explains that makeup is often used to cover tattoos: "The makeup is so advanced these days, you'd be surprised how many actors have tattoos! It takes some time to cover them, that is the bad part."

Thanks! that's probably where I saw it.

Richiepiep

Administrator

Thanks for the reference. I'd never seen this before. Yes, Johnny Depp has loads of tattoos that need to be covered with clothes, charcoal or make-up when he's doing the Pirates of the Caribbean movies for instance. (Found on IMDB).