Sons of Tucson Cancelled Remaining Episodes will Air in June
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Tucson Cancelled Remaining Episodes will Air in June

Default Sons of Tucson Cancelled Remaining Episodes will Air in June

Front Page Post

Justin Berfield's new show Sons of Tucson has unfortunately not been popular enough and it has been confirmed by FOX (via Variety) that the show will be removed from its current time slot. Effectively, the show has been cancelled.

Sons of Tucson promotional image

Thankfully, the remaining episodes will air in the summer, in a process known as 'burning off' (where the network just seeks to fill less popular time slots). From June 6, the remaining 9 episodes will air on Sundays at 7:30pm.

This is a big disappointment for the show as well for those who worked on it and means almost certainly that there won't be a second season.

It's no consolation, but perhaps fans should be glad that the show got this far -- it sounds obvious, but getting a TV show on US national television is very hard. The fact that Sons of Tucson got this far genuinely is an achievement. While the viewing numbers weren't enough for FOX to want to keep it in its slot, let us not forget that several million people did enjoy watching it.

We look forward to seeing the rest of the episodes in the summer and wish Justin luck in his future projects!

Source: Variety

- PeterU
    Last edited by tjpeople; Apr 11, 2010 at 07:19 PM.

This a such sad news, I admit it isn't a hysterical show, but I was really enjoying it. Really feeling for Justin & Todd, also this means we have to wait for Justin's on-screen appearance!
    Need help? Email Me Here

That sucks. And after only 4 episodes.

Wow, that seems really fast. I thought the numbers were good?

I looked at that site and see that THE MIDDLE is sort of "gray" - middling () numbers.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/r...ncel-abc-shows

The Middle's ratings may be average, but they double the ratings for Sons of Tucson. I mean, a drop of almost 1.5 million viewers by the fourth episode? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    The Middle's ratings may be average, but they double the ratings for Sons of Tucson. I mean, a drop of almost 1.5 million viewers by the fourth episode? Ouch.
    Haven't watched SoT but The Middle is very entertaining and a great show. Tbh, hasn't got much to do with MitM apart from the name and other small things.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM_Fan View Post
    Haven't watched SoT but The Middle is very entertaining and a great show. Tbh, hasn't got much to do with MitM apart from the name and other small things.
    Um, okay? I never questioned the quality of the Middle. Or said it was a copy of Malcolm.

Default MITM vs THE MIDDLE vs SONS OF TUCSON

There are some ties between MITM and THE MIDDLE. I think we were discussing SONS OF TUCSON like the direct heir to MITM because of Todd Holland and Justin producing, but THE MIDDLE has a lot of links too:

1. Betty White is going to be guesting on THE MIDDLE. She was in MITM as Ida's rival Canadian 2nd wife.

2. Alex Reid wrote/produced for MITM and is now a writer for THE MIDDLE.

3. Michael Weaver, cinematographer, worked on both shows

4. Jamie Babbitt, directed episodes of both MITM and MIDDLE.

I was just saying nothing more.

Series have similarities, like songs, and movies and games. FPS/TPS/Racing/Fighting/Adventure game genres copied something, like on series and songs.

"GTA vs Driver vs Just Cause" is a great example, I would take Driver out of the list immediately and just keep GTA vs Just Cause, because both are pretty good and hard to decide when it comes to it.

Or clones.

End of story.

Default timeslot

They should have had the show at a 8:00 or 8:30 pm timeslot- then it would probably have more viewers. 9:30 seems a little too late for some people.