What movie are you most looking forward to this year?

MITM18

I cant wait for Narnia and King Kong.

I have seen loads of pics and footage from each of them, should be a winner.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I am also looking forward to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
I was looking forward to Batman Begins, but I've seen it now, and it's Bat-tastic.
I'm always looking forward to the next Harry Potter movie, but I'm more excited for the next book because it comes out so soon!
I have high hopes Romance & Cigarettes, a musical written and directed by John Turturro.
I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now.

Malcolm

I cant wait to see Jurassic Park IV, but I must wait until next year.:mad: And I would like to see a lot of other movies, including Spiderman 3, Harry Potter IV, etc etc etc.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
MITM18 said:
Dont know if you know this but, Romance & Cigarettes is co-produced by Justin Berfield, Reese.
That is actually how I found out about the movie. Sometimes when I get bored I start putting names into imdb.com to see what people are up to.

Emrysgirl

yup...that's the name. That was such an awesome movie (PotC Black Pearl).

Speaking of Jhonny Depp movies, I thought of another one to look foward to: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Yes, I'm a five year old:D.

I'm wondering how Narnia will be. I love the books and I hope they don't mess it up.

Emrysgirl

MITM18 said:
Have you seen the Narnia poster and trailer?
yes. looks cool. why?

Actually, come to think of it, even if they do mess it up, I don't think i'd be able to tell. It's been a long while since I read the books.

Emrysgirl

MITM18 said:
Only asked since you wondered how Narnia looked
Oh, ok, that makes more sense. Well, I can't really judge by trailers. I thought the first LotR wouldn't be good. Wow, was I wrong!!:D

APK

5-25-77.

It's written and directed by a guy called Patrick Read Johnson. It's a kind of autobiographical film, as it's based on himself (the lead character is the younger version of himself, Pat Johnson) who manages to see Star Wars a couple of months before it's released and becomes obsessed with it, convinced it's going to be the biggest movie ever.

But it's definitely not a rip-off of Star Wars. I've read that the film's main events circle around the guy's attempts to see Star Wars on the day of its release. Star Wars is incorporated into the plot, but it's an original idea (I think.) Anyway, it has Chris Lloyd in it, so I'm going to give it a watch. I'm uncertain as to when it's going to be released; I think someone predicted late in summer for America - goodness knows when for Britain.

Ryebeach

Thanks for the synopsis of 5-22-77 Doc Brown. I really didn't know anything about the film although I've seen it listed in various degrees of production on imdb for a very long time. Currently it's listed as filming. It stars one of my favorite actors, John Francis Daley, of Freaks and Geeks fame.

APK

MITM18 said:
Never heard of it, are you any way involved in it?
No, I'm not involved in it at all, although it's a business I'd like to get into someday...I'd like to write for sitcoms, movies, and write books.

No, I just saw the movie on IMDB. It does say they're still filming, although I seem to remember someone posting on the message board recently that they'd finished filming; I'll have to check again.

Emrysgirl

I just found out about this (sort of): Dreamworks is making an English version of My Sassy Girl (with the same title:)). It's scheduled for 2006, but not much has been announced about it. I guess I'm looking foward to that, but I doubt it will be as good as the original (Korean).

Malcolm

I dont know those Narnia books... what are they about? However, I have seen the trailers in TV and at least the lion looks awesome:) . Do you remember the first CGI lion, the one from Jumanji?:p