Breaking Bad - It's really badass and scary

MITM_Fan

Well, I just started watching season 2 and god damn, Tuco is making hard to watch, because it's actually scary now, Mr. White and Mr. Jesse lives are in danger.

I hope they get the "fix" very soon.

Btw, I started to watch this because it features Mr. Cranston (aka Hal @ MITM), but now it changed, since the beginning it was so addictive to watch that I couldn't stop.

I'd never imagined that Mr. Cranston would be capable to take a role of a silent drug dealer.

Wouldn't recommend this for teens, and if I'd go to compare Breaking Bad with Dexter, even though I love Dexter too, I'd had to go for Breaking Bad.:p

zsstefanov

Man I've watched all the episodes of Breaking Bad. This is one of the best and most addictive dramas EVER. I also started watching 'cause of Bryan Cranston but it proved out to be amazing. I won't tell you what will actually happen but you'll see for yourself. Now I'm really into It and I've to admit that it really worth all those awards (I don't know how many and which are they actually).I hope the series keep going and many more people become fans of this outrageous series ;).

rolnxyz

I started watching this show a week ago, and I think it's really good as well. Cranston's performance is great, I got in to this show because I missed Hal, and now it's another show I am addicted to.

Gill

I watched about the last half of an episode and it was great! Everything about it just was great, the cast's performace, the plot, etc. I told my friend about it and she tried watching it. Haha, she said: "Oh my god! There was this creepy dude who was bald and was dealing with drugs, it was really scary." Although I have to admit, it was very amusing when I told her that "the creepy bald dude" was Hal.

backfence

Yeah I had seen some promos for it and started watching it because of Bryan Cranston. I didn't know if I'd get into it so soon after he played a comedic character like Hal but the show just draws you in! Really great work on Breaking Bad :).

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, the same with me too. I started watching simply because of Bryan, and because it got such good reviews - and nominations, and now it's got me hooked! Quite something, because, apart from Mad Men, I'm not watching any series right now, and I don't normally care for violent cop series or the like.

It's not airing in Holland (what a shame), but I've been watching the series as downloads, and now I'm halfway through Season 2, and I've bought the S1 DVD, which is great because of all the extras, like a making-of, interviews, anecdotes and audition tapes.

I agree it's totally compelling. From the start, the great cinematography in the cold openers and the leader with all the chemical elements mixed with the cast and crew names creates this great sense of mystery and suspense. Every single episode I've seen contains some surprising twists and turns you hadn't seen coming, and which somehow all make sense. All main characters are fully rounded and have their strengths and weaknesses, and are very well acted.

Great! :D

Rich

Last edited:

MITM_Fan

Awaiting for Season 04.

I presume that S04 will be the last, White has health issues and will eventually stop producing it, if he doesn't they'll all be caught and arrested.

This can be compared to Dexter, because Dexter can't continue to kill his whole life and White can't produce meth eternally, both coming to an end.

Non-related, Lost ending sucked, no answers were answered.

Richiepiep

Administrator
What I also like about all the characters and the way the plot works in the series is how they are all almost mysteriously linked to each other in ways thay don't even realize. This may be stretching credibility a bit sometimes, but it does give a kind of cosmic feeling of human interdependency much like movies like Crash (not the David Cronenberg pic), Babel and the older Shortcuts.

It also points to the fact, I think, that we as viewers have to realize that Walt's and Jesse's acts are never without repercussions, even though it's like they get off the hook a lot.
Spoiler for A not-too harmful spoiler:
From the first episodes, their lies, schemes and drug trafficking activities are creating victims, even fatal ones, even though they aren't actively out to get people killed.

I think that's good point made by the series, hovering over it like a sense of doom.