What do you guys think about "Breaking Bad"? [SPOILERS] - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about "Breaking Bad"? [SPOILERS]

Whoops! Sorry, I forgot to put it in a spoiler-tag. Edited my previous post.
    Last edited by Karin; Sep 10, 2012 at 04:02 AM.

Yes, there's gas in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Whoops! Sorry, I forgot to put it in a spoiler-tag. Edited my previous post.
    Ha, I didn't mean to criticize anyone, least of all you! I was simply saying that I choose not to read or discuss about later seasons of BB, because that would spoil the suspense.

Of course, there are thousands of plot outlines and similar discussions out there on the net, so I don't expect all of them to add cautionary notes and the like.

Best,

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

I know but I didn't meant to spoil the surprise for anyone here.

I tend to be a bit too enthusiastic sometimes when it comes to BB.. I often forget a lot of people don’t view the episodes right after they aired in the USA. I am still wondering when (if?) VPRO will air season 3 here.
    Yes, there's gas in the car.

I know but I didn't meant to spoil the surprise for anyone here.

I tend to be a bit too enthusiastic sometimes when it comes to BB.. I often forget a lot of people don’t view the episodes right after they aired in the USA. I am still wondering when (if?) VPRO will air season 3 here.
    No problem at all! I also use downloads now and then, but most of the time I try to restrain myself, mainly because there's already so much news and culture out there to keep track of (read, view, listen) in different countries, languages, disciplines, you name it. At least for me.

Anyway, as for Dutch 'regular' (= old skool) viewers, for Season 3 of BB we'll have to wait till Sunday, February 3, 2013:

http://programma.vpro.nl/drama/

Rich

So Breaking Bad has ended. Series of the decade, hands down. One of the most compelling decents into moral depravity I have ever seen.

Walter White is a piece of shit. He is an awful, pathetic excuse for a human being and it could not have ended any other way. My heart was breaking for Jesse more and more with each episode.

White may be the one who knocks, but Jesse is the one who keeps suffering and getting kicked in the teeth because of Walts insufferable ego and desire to be the big dog. The fantasy, of him making that box, destroyed by a simple "clunk" of the dog run getting caught. My heart shattered.

Mike was absolutely right, he brought everything on himself, and sometimes he needed to just "shut the fuck up and learn to take yes for an answer."

Brilliant show, that was not easy to predict, never boring and always satisfied--even if wasn't in the way you hoped.

Spoiler for season 5 finale:
    About the box; It wasn’t a fantasy, it was a memory. The only time where he was really proud of something he achieved. He talked about it when he was in that rehab group where he met … her name escapes me, Brocks mom.

I’m glad Walt decided to save Jesse and that he got away after all he's been through.

Overall I think it was a very good ending for this series.

Oh, I'm aware of that. He traded it for an ounce of weed. Or was it two ounces? Still didn't make the sequence any less heartbreaking.

Poor Andrea (Brocks mum). She really did care about Jessie, and it cost her. That Todd was such a damn sociopath. So satisfying that Jesse put him down.

Walt so successfully burnt down everything around him there was literally no one left for him to deal with but human cockroaches/Neo nazis. I found that very fitting.
    Last edited by Gouki; Oct 12, 2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: I'd argue spoiler tags aren't necessary as the show has aired completely

I think the first half of season five will be about Hank closing in on Walt. It's practically spelled out right in front of him he just doesn't see the big picture yet.
    You were 'goddamn right' about that! Great foresight!

It is creepy how emotionally dead Walter has become. It’s almost like Walter is dead and all that is left is Heisenberg.
    That's exactly what Elliott and Gretchen Schwartz were saying on TV in the penultimate episode!

Number of Dutch viewers for the final episode: 175,000. Not too many. Probably those who had to do without downloads, streaming, pay channels or DVDs. Or who chose not to go that way.

I hadn't expected Jesse to escape from all the carnage at the end at all. This is the one plot twist I think that was left hanging. I wonder what's going to happen to him. So they still could have had a sequel centering on Jesse, instead of a prequel starring Saul!

I hadn't realized the wonderfully warm and (deceptively) peaceful sequence with Jesse woodworking was a memory, and not a dream. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think S5 was excellent, full of unexpected twists, brilliant acting by all concerned and nail-biting suspense. It will be extremely hard for another drama series to better that!

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; May 16, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

I resisted watching for a long time because I loved Bryan Cranston so much as Hal, I feared watching him as the selfish Walter White would ruin my respect for lovable Hal.
    I did watch it, and found that because of Cranston's incredible acting ability, you cannot confuse the characters. After watching Breaking Bad, I went right back to watching reruns of Malcolm and enjoyed Hal's character just as much.
    I found Breaking Bad to be extremely intense and had to leave the room a few times during some of the dramatic and violent scenes. I was amazed at how they captured the human condition deteriorating when a person allows themselves to cross the lines into immorality. It is not a feel good show. I was actually relieved when it was over, and have friends who felt the same way.
    The writing and acting was the best. A show hard to top, but being a great show doesn't really make it a great show...if that makes any sense. Like I said, I was glad when it was over

That's a great review, Jmor! I feel exactly the same way, and I know what you mean.

Bryan is such a versatile actor, comic or dramatic, that he defies typecasting, and it's perfectly possible to enjoy him in various shows or movies without spoiling other or previous experiences.

Yes, I agree the tension in Breaking Bad was sometimes unbearable, and I'm glad it ended the way it did and at the particular time. A lot of series tend to get repetitive, or introduce improbable or silly plot lines when they start another season, which kind of affects your appreciation of the whole show. You know, the phenomemon that is known as 'jump the shark'.

While I sometimes questioned the plausibility of what Walter White went through in Breaking Bad, it was nothing more than an afterthought now and then, and it never really bothered me. I have my doubts about the Better Call Saul prequel now in the making, because BB achieved perfect narrative closure I believe, and I don't think the glib Saul would make such a compelling character as Walter.