What do you guys think about "Breaking Bad"? [SPOILERS] - Page 3
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about "Breaking Bad"? [SPOILERS]

Default VPRO buys 3rd Season of Breaking Bad

Hurray! The Dutch VPRO channel has just decided to purchase the 3rd season of Breaking Bad

Realtime viewer ratings are currently at 135,000 plus 15,000 online viewers. This may still seem low, but by comparison, Mad Men, which gets more media coverage and has become a kind of style icon, reaches a smaller audience in the Netherlands! I'm so glad TV programmers took the risk and are willing to stick with it!

See Dutch attachments from VPRO Guide and Blog.

A Happy Rich

*dances* YES! I was hoping they would continue broadcasting it.
    I'm glad the viewing numbers are going up again.

The first season of Breaking Bad is now also shown on (Dutch-speaking) Belgian public TV (the new, expanded Canvas channel) from mid-May 2012.

And it's nice to know that they've chosen the far more agreeable showing time of 8:45 PM, meaning there's a potentially larger audience.

http://www.canvas.be/programma_overzicht

Review:

http://www.cobra.be/cm/cobra/film/1.1307262

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Jun 6, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

BeiŖ mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Wow, that's probably one of the best reviews I've ever read about it! Describes the show perfectly. Thanks again for sharing.

Great that Breaking Bad is also on the Belgian channel now.

Any predictions for the final season?

My thoughts:
    I think it won’t end well for Walter. It started out with a death sentence for him and I somewhat hope he doesn’t get away with all that he’s done. (he is my favorite character of the show though, I would be shocked if he dies) I can picture Jessie driving off with a car full of money into the sunset kind of thing.

And Walt's family, I don't know, it already started to fall apart when he was still making meth in the rv. I think him and Skyler getting back together won't be for long. I don't trust her at all. Besides when she finds out Ted is dead, she might think Walter had something to do with that.

I think the first half of season five will be about Hank closing in on Walt. It's practically spelled out right in front of him he just doesn't see the big picture yet.
    Last edited by Karin; Jun 7, 2012 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Wow, that's probably one of the best reviews I've ever read about it! Describes the show perfectly. Thanks again for sharing.

Great that Breaking Bad is also on the Belgian channel now.

Any predictions for the final season?

My thoughts:
    I think it wonít end well for Walter. It started out with a death sentence for him and I somewhat hope he doesnít get away with all that heís done. (he is my favorite character of the show though, I would be shocked if he dies) I can picture Jessie driving off with a car full of money into the sunset kind of thing.

And Walt's family, I don't know, it already started to fall apart when he was still making meth in the rv. I think him and Skyler getting back together won't be for long. I don't trust her at all. Besides when she finds out Ted is dead, she might think Walter had something to do with that.

I think the first half of season five will be about Hank closing in on Walt. It's practically spelled out right in front of him he just doesn't see the big picture yet.
    I didn't even think about that.

I have no idea how it will end but I have a feeling that Hank will find out about Walt after the end of the next 8 episodes. It is too hard to predict anything too far ahead in this show.

True but it's fun to speculate.

I love your Heisenberg signature banner by the way! Very cool!

Ted isn't dead.. I didn't expect that.
    The whole magnet thing was funny as hell. But I find it kind of hard to believe Gus recorded everything in the lab. Seemed more like a live feed and someone as smart as Gus wouldn't want to have so much evidence of criminal activities just laying around like that. Especially since Hank was investigating him. I also wonder what was in the picture frame.

What did you think of the first part of season 5?

Spoiler for :
    Personally I think it has been a crazy rollercoaster ride again. The train robbery was one of the most tense moments in the entire series. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat.

Itís almost too easy that Hank found out about Walter in a book, although itís also kind of cool Gale strikes back from the grave this way. It does fit Walterís arrogance that he had it just laying around like that.

I'm not buying it when Walter said heís out to Skyler. Heís finally on top of the game and heís not just going to give it up like that. He loves his newly gain power too much.

The amount of killings so far is pretty crazy. And the ease Walter does it with now is mindblowing. I was shocked when the kid got shot. And I found it sad to see Mike go but again I canít think of a better way an old crook like Mike could die. But that Walt shot him just because he panicked.. Iím not sure anymore who is more of a loose cannon: Walter or Skyler?

It is creepy how emotionally dead Walter has become. Itís almost like Walter is dead and all that is left is Heisenberg. I am anxious to see how the series will end. From the beginning I always thought Walter would die but now Iím not so sure anymore. Could very well be an open ending like we will never truly know what happened to him.
    Last edited by Karin; Sep 10, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Yes, there's gas in the car.

Awesome ending for this part.
    Spoiler for Season 5 part 1 ending:
    I was shocked into silence when Hank finds out.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I haven't come so far yet in the series, so I don't want to spoil the experience by reading all of this, though I'd love to!

At least I get the overwhelming impression it's more than worth waiting for .

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

BeiŖ mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!