Alternate Theme Tune

Dewey

Minimalistic
My suggestion for an alternative theme tune is: "Gathering Storm" by Godspeed You Black Emporer.

Despite it being a superb track, my choice is for no other reason than the piece of music, when played in full, lasts for 22 minutes. It would therefore be funny to use to accompany the opening credits of a TV show; and be longer than the episode itself.

Another one could be The Orb's "Blue Room" - the full version of this track is 38 minutes. So long that I don't think I have even heard it myself - Even the radio edit is 12 minutes. Again this would be an excellent choice as the MITM theme tune.

reese35

K, to lighten up the mood, let's try Boston Legal. Just discovered the theme tonight. Despite the show is a court drama, the theme is a little bouncy; and just like the Casualty theme, it fits. Here's the link - Just use the Malcolm 4-7 vid file to play with it.

Emrysgirl

reese35 said:
Boston Legal. Just discovered the theme tonight. Despite the show is a court drama, the theme is a little bouncy; and just like the Casualty theme, it fits.

Too organized, too sleazy. BL is not a kid friendly show, and I think the music somehow reflects that.

samboo1

Lol. Whilest i was listening to it, boss of me came on my playlist. I thought it was on the boston legal theme!
Anyway...i dont really think it fits...theres something about it that doesnt suit the Wilkersons. Its too...grown up. I dont know the word...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
reese35 said:
K, to lighten up the mood, let's try Boston Legal. Just discovered the theme tonight. Despite the show is a court drama, the theme is a little bouncy; and just like the Casualty theme, it fits. Here's the link - Just use the Malcolm 4-7 vid file to play with it.
Sorry, Mike, David's very finicky about the stuff we link to here. I agree wtih you that it's pretty much harmless, but he doesn't want anything copyrighted linked to on this forum without the permission of the copyright holder. He wasn't too happy last time you posted the RealVideo file, so I hope you understand. Thanks!

reese35

Anotrher recommendation - since Casualty and Holby City are sister shows, they do a crossover every once in a while with a theme that's a combo of the two themes, the melodies of both, but with the accompaniment of the Cas theme and the beat of the Holby theme. The BBC has clips of the crossovers along with selections of the theme. The Donation crossover clips have the first 20 seconds of the theme, the 1st clip of the Christmas '05 crossover has the last few seconds of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/casualty/specials/

reese35

OK, last night, I had an epiphany. That All-American Rejects song - "Move Along" - that would've been the PERFECT theme song for MitM. Basically, the song is about going through life and shaking off problems as difficult as your life is, which has been Malcolm's premise thhroughout the entire series. I think it would've been an excellent final theme for the final season.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I kind of thought about that, but then I remembered that the song was written because one of the members of that band committed suicide, and I thought that Malcolm's problems weren't quite that serious. :D