Alternate Theme Tune

prettyburd

i think that tune is PERFECT saying life is unfair and stuff. it fits the show so well, but i guess another great song to put on might be American Idiot. since malcolm's the main character it kind of fits him. GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!!!:rolleyes:

prettyburd

come to think of it another great song would be we are the champions but in a different beat. i'm really stupid when it comes to picking out music but hope it got your brain working. SORRY

:Sick:

MITM18

Isnt We Are The Champions somewhat the opposite of Life Is Unfair since Champion means you have won and unfair mostly means you lost?

:)

samboo1

What would the mitm slogan be if we did'nt have tmbg as the theme song? It would'nt be life is unfair so what would it be?:confused:

reese35

Sorry to steal from another tellytune, but what about the theme song for Casualty? For those of you that don't know what the show is, it airs on BBC One saturdays around 8:40 or something. Call it the "ER" of the United Kingdom. I tried the current theme out on the opening credits, and it fits. If you want to hear the theme and see the Casualty opening, go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/casualty/classicclips/openingtitles.shtml
I'd recommend you click on series 16, since it's around 33 seconds long, same with MITM. (And don't forget to right-click the video screen and click on "Play in RealPlayer" if you have RealPlayer v10.5 [or RealOne].) Try the link (MITM opener seasons 4-6) with the theme and tell me what you think.
http://tomlenk.free.fr/gensaisons4-5-6.wmv

samboo1

wow! Yeah that does surprisingly fit well! Where did you get the idea to actually to try that tune with mitm?

reese35

Long story. You got the time? Just kidding. Anyway, I was just browsing on the archive section of the World of Soap Themes (http://www.wost.org). I noticed Casualty (I never heard of it at the time), so I thought I'd check it out. (http://www.wost.org/115.html) I watched the video (Seasons 12-14; http://www.wost.org/casualty99ov.ram) which had the theme music since 1986 (when Casualty premiered) until 2001 and it was good to use for MITM seasons 1-4. The audio version of the theme (2001-now; http://www.wost.org/casualty02ot.ram) sounded the part for seasons 5-7.

Dewey

Minimalistic
reese35 said:
Call it the "ER" of the United Kingdom.
I've seen Casulaty - and its an awful TV show. To say that its the ER of UK is a huge over-statement. Its done on a very tiny budget, and it shows; none of the stars can act and the sets are very shabby.

Interesting you should find it on a website about soaps, becuase it is more a soap than drama. I feel Casualty is more about the doctors and nurses and who they are sleeping with; rather than being medical related.

If you have never seen this before, my advice is DON'T!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You are very particular and opinionated on which TV shows to watch, and which ones to skip, dewey. :) Do you watch every show, and then give it a rating? Maybe this is part of what you need to get your media degree?

samboo1

I know this is changing the subject a bit , but i just noticed Reese35's signature and from ever since i heard Reese say that in pearl harbor ive never understood it. Could someone tell me what Reese means when he says it.:confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
As defined by Google, a vendetta is a feud in which opposite sides murder each other. In other words, Reese wanted Jessica dead.

I completely agree with Dewey, Casualty is and always has been a dismal show, however I do find it hilarious that you find the theme tune fitting, solely becuase I associate it instantly with the shoddy hospital drama. lol

Dewey

Minimalistic
yardgames said:
You are very particular and opinionated on which TV shows to watch, and which ones to skip, dewey. :) Do you watch every show, and then give it a rating? Maybe this is part of what you need to get your media degree?
Something like that :)

On my course, we get to view and analyse various forms of popular culture and work out exactly which kinds of people to whom they appeal. You are right, I am very opinionated, and I love to write reviews. They are by there very nation mere opinions though. Whether or not somebody will be receptive to a particular media form is dependant on various factors.

With this in mind, please allow me to rephrase my original comments about the British hospital soap-drama:

Casualty is a show that is slow-paced and uncmplicated. Very litte occurs within its 50-minute duration. By revolving aroun plots associated with "romantic liasons" of the central characters, it is nothing more than another soap opera. Like all others, the location is ficticious the cast are false, based mainly on desire of what the audience likee to see - in this case hunky doctors and sexy nurses. They may look good to some people (some female stars of Casualty have even been featured in FHM and Maxim magazines), they lack acting ability. Being in such publications, it is fair to say that acting talent is not their biggest asset.

The hospital setting is not integral to any plot; the events can take place anywhere, but is mere stage for the premise of "love", "lust", "cheating" and "who is having who's baby" to unfold. I like Deweyrules' comment of "shoddy hospital drama" - the set is not convincing at all. Unlike the hospital in ER, the environment is too sterile.

Casulaty is a TV show which will appeal to those unable to follow deep and meaningful plots of a complex nature. Some say soaps are for the busy woman with selective media exposure - they want to see simplistic, easy to manage drama.

Casualty, like all soaps frequently use the same plots again nd again with different cast and characters. This is ideal for the fans of repetition.

To those who enjoy TV shows with action that are fast paced, with deep plots that often have roller-coaster twists; then Casualty is simply not for you.

D N

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You really have shown us you love to write reviews. How about revealing your long-lost review for Stilts?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, I don't. And I won't. And Darren knows that. I still feel confident he'll share sooner or later. :)