Francis's Birthday
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Thread: Francis's Birthday

Default Francis's Birthday

Okay, so in "Flashback" it revealed that Francis was born in the middle of Hal and Lois's wedding. Wouldn't that make his birthday on their anniversary or no? It kept me wondering because Lois and Hal's anniversary was celebrated in the episodes "Red Dress" and "Dewey's Dog" while Francis celebrated his birthday in "The Bully" and "No Motorcycles". Of course, Hal and Lois could have gotten married on another day..

I hadn't really thought about this before -- it does seem like the two things should happen on the same day.

I suppose breaking the consistency of that story means that they didn't have to always double up the Francis' birthday/anniversary event into a single episode whenever they wanted to cover those events, which gave them more time and freedom to explore each fully.

'The Bully' also came before 'Flashback' in Season 2 -- perhaps they hadn't decided on Francis' backstory quite so rigidly when that was written and so that is why it that episode is inconsistent with 'Flashback'.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterU View Post
    I hadn't really thought about this before -- it does seem like the two things should happen on the same day.

I suppose breaking the consistency of that story means that they didn't have to always double up the Francis' birthday/anniversary event into a single episode whenever they wanted to cover those events, which gave them more time and freedom to explore each fully.

'The Bully' also came before 'Flashback' in Season 2 -- perhaps they hadn't decided on Francis' backstory quite so rigidly when that was written and so that is why it that episode is inconsistent with 'Flashback'.
    Thanks! I completely forgot that 'The Bully' came before 'Flashback'.

This may help - a former member made a MITM timeline using information given in various episodes.