Future Careers

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Francis: Go back into the air force, he has some training, and what better way to be like himself (as proved in Boys at Ranch) and blow stuff up in a fighter-bomber. maybe the new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, vertical take off and landing, stealth, and able to break mach 1.8(or in that area) with afterburner. Think of an F-16 on steriods :D. (and I went into my love of military aircraft, don't worry, I stopped early)

Reese: he could tet experimental medicenes as a side job and cook for 40 hours a day. Yay experimental chef!!

Malcolm: Something with numbers, accountant, mathamatician, ect.

Dewey:Veternarian, he always said he could talk to dogs, he befriended 1 and breifly had one.

Jaymie: no clue yet, lets wait until he can talk at least.

Squeaky Yugi

I can see Malcolm stuck in a job exactly like his current Lucky Aide one. The only bonus is that it pays enough to make ends meet. Here's how it would go:

Manager: Who put the dog food next to the cat food?
Malcolm: I did, sir. Don't pet supplies go together?
Manager: I had everything sorted alphabetcally! Chronologically was taking too long.
Malcolm: That doesn't make any sense!!!
Manager: My store, my rules.
Malcolm: You know what the best part of adulthood is? Eventually it ends!

Jimmy Junior

No, I think Malcolm will have a slightly better job than that, although he may end up in IT or something similar - I think he'd stuff up all the interviews he had for the best jobs.

Alle

Reese: He will either stick with that janitor gig for the rest of his life, or realize where his true talents lie, and become a chef.

Malcolm: If doesn't follow Lois' career plan that she laidout for him in "Graduation", he might either start up his own I.T. firm or become a nuclear physicist (I think that was his original plan?).

Dewey: If he doesn't become Emperor of the world :D , I think he might probably become a rockstar or some kind of famous musician. Undoubtedly, he will earn far more money than the rest of his family, be a millionaire before he's twenty. Hal and Lois planned to prep Malcolm for a position in the presidential office, Dewey, however, is their future meal-ticket. That is, if he's generous enough.

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I love the extremes between Reese's two options. If he applies himself he could very easily become an extraordinarily successful chef; therefore I disagree that Dewey is the only one of the boys that has the chance of being successful. It is ironic that the smart one has the lowest chance of being successful though.

Alle

I don't think that Dewey is the only one in the family that has a chance of achieving success, I just think he will be the first to enjoy any success. Even if he possessed a fraction of his true intelligence. If Britney Spears can manage it, so can a kid like Dewey. Malcolm though, even if he commits himself to his mother's ambition for him, he likely wouldn't be the president until he's well into his forties. It wouldn't really matter whether Malcolm or Dewey was the most intelligent of the two. Malcolm is the first-born genius in the family, therefore it stands to reason that Lois and Hal would appoint him on this life-long mission to become President, so as to ultimately improve the lot of America's working class. Being their child, Lois and Hal would trust Malcolm to do this more than they would some selfish, half-assed politician. He was originally just going to be someone they would mooch off. Now they know they have two genius children (three if you count Jamie), they have someone to improve America's domestic state of affairs for the better, and a razor-sharp witted, budding musician, that would be their rock. And also, if anything happens to Malcolm, they could always persuade/cajol/blackmail Dewey into preparing himself for a political career. And if non of their children whatsoever are up to the task, then at least they have a couple of wealthy people to mooch off until they die.

vching

I think the way up to president is good financially. If he becomes the governor of a mid-sized state, or work his way up, I'm sure Malcolm will be able to support himself and make lots of money...

I think Reese would eventually become a chef, but it would be a drawn out process. He would remain janitor in the school, until there is an opening in the canteen and so he becomes one of the school cooks. Eventually he usurps the lead lunch lady (in some slightly dishonest or threatening way), where he is discovered and becomes a professional chef.

Or he just stays as janitor forever. Either way would work.