Who are these people at the Golden Globes in 2001?

Richiepiep

Administrator
Here's a pic, salvaged from obscurity ;), of Frankie and Bryan at the 2001 Golden Globe Awards in 2001. The other cast were there too, and I guess that's Jane at the back far right. Then between Bryan and Frankie, she looks like Rosie O'Donnell, and then next to Jane is someone I think I know but can't think of a name. One Amy or Sarah :confused:?

Anyone to help me out?

0016-fmgg1_16.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1097

Rich

Last edited:

Ryebeach

The woman between Frankie and Bryan is Gail Berman, the top executive of Regency TV (the production company behind MITM) and then of FOX Television during the series' early years on the air. She subsequently had a brief stint as President of Paramount Pictures before co-founding the television production company BermanBruan.

The other woman looks a little like director Jamie Babbit. She directed multiple episodes of MITM but her placement at the table for this event seems to indicate someone of producer status rather than director so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
The woman between Frankie and Bryan is Gail Berman, the top executive of Regency TV (the production company behind MITM) and then of FOX Television during the series' early years on the air. She subsequently had a brief stint as President of Paramount Pictures before co-founding the television production company BermanBruan.

The other woman looks a little like director Jamie Babbit. She directed multiple episodes of MITM but her placement at the table for this event seems to indicate someone of producer status rather than director so I'm not sure.

Wow, that's great, I should have thought of Gail, you're right! You know it's hard identifying crew and production members, because there are few pictures available, unless you have access to some trade union-type database, and even then they often go without pictures.

You certainly know a lot! I'd never paid attention to Jamie, and would have never identified her as an MITM director. Because she directed three later episodes, I'm doubtful it's her though.

Anyway, perhaps you can identify this lot, apart from Linwood Boomer of course! It's in our Gallery and distributed as a 5x17 Polly in the Middle production still.

Malcolm-in-the-Middle-5x17-Polly-In-The-Middle-MITMVC-8.jpg