TJ Meets Bryan Cranston in London!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

Meeting-Bryan-Cranston-London-Feb-2010-MITMVC-2.jpg

During our live video chat with Bryan last week we learned that Bryan was going to be in London, UK filming for his role in John Carter of Mars. As I live in London I jumped at the chance for a possible meet-up, to which Bryan agreed! I meet Bryan for breakfast at the (rather swanky) Soho Hotel, where we both ordered salmon & cream cheese bagels, his treat! He'd just finished his week of filming, which he said was very successful and that he'd be doing some further work on it in the US later in the year. He gave me this personally signed Malcolm Season 7 cap and I got him to sign some posters and Season 1 DVD!

We talked about the community, I explained the history of the site and Malcolm fansites in general. He was amazingly nice (not that I had any doubts!) I'm not sure how serious he was but Bryan talked about pitching a reunion of some sort to Linwood and how such a thing might co-inside with DVD releases, it was great to hear he was so enthusiastic about such an idea. He had the ironic idea of Reese being the only successful family member after Hal looses his job, Malcolm drops out of college and Lois is pregnant again! And that they all move in with Reese.

Did you know Linwood approached Bryan about the final The Bots and The Bees scene with Bryan covered in Bees, and when Bryan agreed, he worked backwards in writing how Hal would end up in that state!

Meeting-Bryan-Cranston-London-Feb-2010-MITMVC-4.jpg

Bryan finished filming Breaking Bad 2 weeks ago and is now taking a well earned break on a motorcycle trip with friends.

I presented Bryan with a 'thankyou' card and then he had to leave for his plane home, what an amazing hour! Bryan said that next time he was in the country, he'd be interested in a group meet-up, open to all, we will of course post details on that whenever it may happen - Thank you Bryan!

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks for the info too! That bee story is getting taller and taller!

Just another thought from my curious one-track-mind point of view, did you make those prints of the promo pictures Bryan signed yourself, or do you have so-called officially distributed hardcopy ones?

Rich

Movieye

Hurray, TJ! Looks like you had a great time, and it was great for Bryan to sign and take time!:)

Did you bring a friend, or did his assistant take the pic of you and Bryan?

Did you offer to buy breakfast, or did he insist? Did you touch your food at all or secretly wanted to order the most expensive item on the menu?;)

Now you have to host a chat soon so we can ask you questions!:D

Ryebeach

Thanks for sharing these photos and the details of your meet up with Bryan, TJ. Having been a member here since (almost) day 1, I know first hand the amount of work you've put into this site both as a member initially and now as our Site Admin. How rewarding (and so well deserved) for you to get to meet Bryan in person (in the UK, no less! :)) and share the history of the site with him.

What an awesome day it must have been. :)

Siobhan

Oh, how lovely! What a diamond geezer! That’s the cap he showed on the live chat, isn’t it? Thanks so much for sharing this with us all, TJ! I bet you were buzzing! (excuse the bad pun)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Did you bring a friend, or did his assistant take the pic of you and Bryan?

A waitress did. He was on his own, Robin (his wife) was with him earlier on the week, but had already gone home.

Did you offer to buy breakfast, or did he insist? Did you touch your food at all or secretly wanted to order the most expensive item on the menu?;)

It was his treat, I choose, then he copied my order, good taste. ;)

That’s the cap he showed on the live chat, isn’t it?

Yes, the same, but he may have more than 1? Still awesome!

shalywell

you lucky guy!

tj
thank you so much for this site! i was at bryan video chat. too bad you couldnt post replay. why did i miss out on chris masterson chat? maybe im not getting emails?
anyway this site is wonderful! keep up the excellent work.
shannon