Early TV appearances by Frankie (1998 and 2000)!
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Thread: Early TV appearances by Frankie (1998 and 2000)!

Default Early TV appearances by Frankie (1998 and 2000)!

While uploading pictures of Frankie's early (1998-2002) TV appearances to our Gallery, I unexpectedly came across video footage of two of them. They're very rare by now. It's not the stuff that stays online a lot!

They're really nice to check out - for nostalgia's sake and otherwise

Frankie Muniz on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, January 18, 2000. He appeared on this Comedy Central show for a brief interview about MITM, playing golf and girls. He also refers to 'Spin City' - see below. It's very jokey of course, but Frankie brings in some substance:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
    Frankie Muniz
    www.thedailyshow.com
    Daily Show
    Full Episodes
    Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

Frankie Muniz in 'Spin City', episode 'The Kidney's All Right', November 17, 1998 - age 12. In this political satire series starring Michael J. Fox, Frankie played Derek, a boy with kidney failure who is visited in the hospital by the mayor, NBA player Jayson Williams, and NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon, in a skit about exploitation of 'victims'.

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Feb 11, 2010 at 09:34 AM.

I watch Jon Stewart almost every day, but I didn't even realize it was on that long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Lparsons7981 View Post
    I watch Jon Stewart almost every day, but I didn't even realize it was on that long ago!
    It's great that they have all these old episodes up in great quality on their official site! I didn't know either, I just Googled a bit.

It's not that those jokey interviews are really informative (I just watched one with They Might Be Giants which is not at all about their music!), but it's nice to have them anyway.

By the way, my friend, who's a keen amateur golfer, just assured me that a handicap of 13 is indeed quite good. It means that you as an amateur on average need 13 strokes more than a professional to complete a golf course of, mostly, 18 holes. A pro would need about 72, 73 strokes to play a full round, Frankie would need somewhere between 80 and 90. My friend's handicap is 22.

Last edited by Richiepiep; Feb 11, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

I posted the Daily Show interview back in 2008 the official video is limited by country for who can watch it. Ours of course is not...
    Last edited by tjpeople; Feb 11, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    I posted the Daily Show interview back in 2008 the official video is limited by country for who can watch it. Ours of course is not...
    Thanks! All of which reminds me to Google this site and its nooks and crannies even more carefully before I post stuff!

Rich