Not New, but Hi!

Gill

I'm not exactly new, but I realize I've never introduced myself here. So here goes! I'm 14 years old and as you probably know, I love Malcolm in the Middle. :) My other interests include making graphics (although I can rarely find time to make new ones during the school year), playing video games, drawing, reading books, watching TV, listening to movies, playing the Sims, and hanging out with my friends. Most of the time, I listen to Linkin Park, Evanescence, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, and more. I'm a pretty nice person unless if you choose to annoy me all the time.:D In school, I'm not exactly this verbal. I'm more of an introvert and I'm not exactly good or bad at sports, nonetheless I still enjoy playing it. Most girls in my school care about shopping and all that other stuff, while, I, on the other hand, don't really care about that which makes me different from the girls in my school. I would love to make new friends on here, so yeah! :) I'm sorry if I wrote too much and it became boring. I tend to ramble sometimes! :blush:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Nice introduction, with the username Gill, I totally assumed you where a guy, yet again I learn that usernames can be misleading..

Richiepiep

Administrator
Welcome, Gill!

Good to have a nice introduction like this!

Yes, first names can be confusing. Talking about Taylor Swift!? Or Reese for that matter, or little Jamie? Hayden Christensen and Hayden Panettiere, Glenn Close? ;)

And that 'Tracy Morgan Show', why does that guy get top billing, if it's about his wife? Oops!

By the way, if you're good at graphics, perhaps some of them could grace this site, especially if you feel like doing some 'Malcolms'?!

See the one below, which was done by one of our members.

Rich

Gill

Hey gill, wouldn't have guessed you were a girl. Well, happy birthday! :)
Thank you deweyinthemiddle! :)
Welcome, Gill!

Good to have a nice introduction like this!

Yes, first names can be confusing. Talking about Taylor Swift!? Or Reese for that matter, or little Jamie? Hayden Christensen and Hayden Panettiere, Glenn Close? ;)

And that 'Tracy Morgan Show', why does that guy get top billing, if it's about his wife? Oops!

By the way, if you're good at graphics, perhaps some of them could grace this site, especially if you feel like doing some 'Malcolms'?!

See the one below, which was done by one of our members.

Rich
I think the colorful background makes Malcolm's eyes stand out more, but that's my view of it. I'd love to help out making some 'Malcolms'! :D
Nice introduction, with the username Gill, I totally assumed you where a guy, yet again I learn that usernames can be misleading..
Ahh it's okay. :lol: Gill was pretty much the first name that popped into my mind. So.. yeah. :D

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi Gill,

Thanks for your graphics ideas! I hope they work out! I think they show you have a nice sense of colours and such, and you clearly know your way around post editing and smileys too ;).

If you like Taylor Swift, you might also like The Wreckers' "Stand Still, Look Pretty", a one-off country project (alas) by Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp that I liked better than their solo work. I also love Tift Merritt, who I've seen live a couple of times. Her music is more stripped to bare essentials than Swift, very intimate, with a small band backing her. I love her great songwriting and very clear voice.

At least it's nothing like Lady Gaga or Linkin Park ;).

Rich

Gill

Hi Gill,

Thanks for your graphics ideas! I hope they work out! I think they show you have a nice sense of colours and such, and you clearly know your way around post editing and smileys too ;).

If you like Taylor Swift, you might also like The Wreckers' "Stand Still, Look Pretty", a one-off country project (alas) by Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp that I liked better than their solo work. I also love Tift Merritt, who I've seen live a couple of times. Her music is more stripped to bare essentials than Swift, very intimate, with a small band backing her. I love her great songwriting and very clear voice.

At least it's nothing like Lady Gaga or Linkin Park ;).

Rich

Cool! I'm a fan of Michelle Branch, so I'll check out some of the bands that you recommened, thanks! :D I don't know if it's just me, but how come your signature doesn't show up sometimes? :confused: Like, I see it in one post, but then it's gone in the others?

Richiepiep

Administrator
Cool that you already like Michelle! :)

The signature appears and disappears on purpose. It's an editing option (Miscellaneous Options), because I often think it's too big for just a one-line post, or it doesn't suit my moods.

Guess I'm weird :confused:?

Rich

Gill

Wow, that's a really cool feature! I don't think you're weird at all. Although most of my friends think I'm weird and random. It doesn't really bother me at all, because if I wasn't weird then I'd be like everyone else in my school.

Richiepiep

Administrator
On second thoughts, I don't think I'm weird at all. And you neither! ;)

Do you know for instance you can set your posting options in your control panel to automatic mail notification if someone posts to a thread you've subscribed to?

It's just a feature I found out about quite late, but which is very handy!

I guess a lot of users don't respond to posts or comments they originally put up, because they don't know about notification.

Rich

Gill

It is a pretty handy tool. If I didn't subscribe to some of the threads, I would have never known that people replied. It's really too bad that some people don't know about this feature. Maybe more people would chat on the forum if they knew about this. Ha ha, I just realized this, but it's February 9th! :D It's hard to believe that last month was the 10th anniversary of MITM. Time flies by really fast!