Beer with Bryan - TJ must take pics

Movieye

I believe the title says it all:)

On tonight's chat, Bryan Cranston announced he was flying to London this week, and that he'd have a pint or three with TJ.

So, TJ, hope you bring a camera and take lots of pics!

We should set up a paypal account to send u money to buy him drinks!

Richiepiep

Administrator
I believe the title says it all:)

On tonight's chat, Bryan Cranston announced he was flying to London this week, and that he'd have a pint or three with TJ.

So, TJ, hope you bring a camera and take lots of pics!

We should set up a paypal account to send u money to buy him drinks!

Sounds like a superb idea. I hope Bryan manages to meet up with TJ in London. What a great guy Bryan is, so spontaneous and forthcoming! :D
I hope expectedly busy schedules while filming and perhaps promotion and interviews allow him to set apart some time for an informal in-person chat at a pub or elsewhere. We'll keep our fingers crossed! God, I'm jealous ;)

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I was totally shocked when he said he was coming to London, I'll try my best to make it happen, and I'll take my camera for sure!

Movieye

Yes, TJ, don't know if it was the time-lag between the cam's, but when he said he was going to London, it looked like you were doing a happy-dance!:D

zsstefanov

Happy dance, happy dance, we love to do the happy dance.. :D:D
Congratulations @tjpeople and of course good luck.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
He got in contact with me today, said he could meet, but I was working! I've left him a message so hopefully we can arrange another time...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
So excited, got a meet sorted for Friday. What photos/merch should I get signed?

I'm thinking Season 1 DVD, this Breaking Bad promo, but I can't decide on a MITM still or promo so many to choose, what do you guys think? I don't want to flood him with things to sign.

Movieye

Awesome, TJ. Definitely at least one MITM DVD screener box. Maybe a couple 8x10's (MITM, BB) - save 1 for a contest? I would pack smartly so that everything fits in a box or envelope.

Make up a small sign "Bryan loves the MITMVC" that he can hold up and you can take pics of. Or "MITMVC loves Bryan!"

Definitely take pics! Behind the scenes pics are always more fun. I think if you ask him to pose for pics for the site, he'd be happy to do so.

Obviously, the nicest thing about Bryan is that he's all for fan appreciation. I know you'll be charming and delightful, but do get in a couple points that you're representing a large and loyal international fan base of which many have graduated to BREAKING BAD. Remember he said on the chat that he doesn't google himself and had not heard about the MITMVC before.

He's going to be savvy enough to appreciate his fans' goodwill and publicity! And if he books future chats with enough notice, there would have been a bigger audience.

Have fun! Wish him Happy Valentine's and give him a UK souvenir as an early Birthday (Mar 7) present - either from you or from all of us MITMVC (happy to contribute).

Don't be intimidated at all that he's......

THE NICEST GUY IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Richiepiep

Administrator
That's awesome news! It's dogged as does it! Combined with, as Bryan would put it, "that elusive factor", luck :D

I reckon you're chuffed, but try to relax and make most of the eye-to-eye (if that's indeed what it is, I hope, and you're not standing in line with dozens of fans, interviewers and others), so bring a few strategic things to sign I'd say centred on Bryan (both MITM and BB) and shoot a few pics.

Yes, I'd definitely mention MITMVC as Movieye has said, and that you're part of this couple of thousands-member community, but also enjoy the personal moment, which you richly deserve as you've been running this site for so long and putting so much work into it.

Rich

Lparsons7981

So excited, got a meet sorted for Friday. What photos/merch should I get signed?

I'm thinking Season 1 DVD, this Breaking Bad promo, but I can't decide on a MITM still or promo so many to choose, what do you guys think? I don't want to flood him with things to sign.

Have fun! Enjoy it! You deserve it for running the site and basically promoting the show and keeping up with the cast and crew. Your hard work has paid off!

I agree with the U.K souvenir great idea. Something unique and not to touristy would be a good idea. (that's the kinda stuff I find most people like from foreign countries anyway.)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
OMG, went amazingly well! Bryan invited me for breakfast at the very posh 5* The Soho Hotel (I didn't want to mention the hotel before, but he's left the UK now). Breakfast with Bryan AMAZING.

We chatted he signed stuff, gave me a MITM hat! took some photos. I'll post everything tomorrow, as I'm exhausted very long (but awesome) day for me.

Gill

I'm glad everything went well! It must be really cool to meet one of the MITM cast members! Wow, I can't wait to see some of the photos :D!

PeterU

Super Moderator
That must have been an incredible opportunity. 'Once in a lifetime' is awfully clichéd, but I think it is deserved in this case!

Most definitely looking forward to seeing the photos and everything soon!

Siobhan

Oh WOW, TJ! That must’ve been such an amazing experience! So glad it went well! Can’t wait to hear more! :D