Our Live Video Chat with Bryan Cranston! [Video]

Richiepiep

Administrator
I need to share this with you all, especially TJ! This is the chance of a lifetime, well sort of ;)

This just arrived in the mail (PM) 3 hours ago.

We need to set up a live or taped chat with him for next Monday (I take it this means Feb. 1), Tuesday or Wednesday around 3.

At long last, some genuine anniversary input from one of the key people!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Richard,

I'm Bryan's personal assistant, Michelle. Feel free in future to contact me directly as we don't check the fan mail every day--especially when things get busy.

Bryan wanted me to reach out to you and see if you wanted to do a chat, live or tape for the forum. He is available next Mon., Tue. or Wed. afternoon around 3ish.

Thanks and let me know!
Michelle

--
Michelle Giblin
Assistant to Bryan Cranston
Spoiler for nittygritty:
Tel: 818-981-7815
Fax: 818-981-7191
michellegiblin3:yinyang:gmail.com

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
To quote the late great Steve Marriott: "Whatcha gonna do about it?" I guess we need some time to think things over. I won't be replying until I know something specific about what we can do.

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

With major thanks to Richiepiep we have setup a live video chat with Bryan Cranston to celebrate the 10th Anniversary!
Wednesday 3rd February at 3pm PST / 6pm EST / 11pm GMT (UTC)
Live on BlogTV.com

The format will be similar to the video chat he did last year for Breaking Bad - Bryan reading the chatroom and picking questions, however I'll be "hosting" the chat, so if you can't make the live time and would like a question answered reply, and I'll try and get Bryan to answer it. You don't need a BlogTV.com account to join the chatroom and ask questions (but get an account if you want a chance to be on video)

Watch it live below, but go here to join the chat! Hope to see you all there!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="550" height="450">

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.blogtv.com/livesdk/ZeTEZ2RDbGFtZuRvZm_F" allowfullscreen="true" width="550" height="450"></object>

Last edited:
Thanks! Unfortunatly, I will be busy at the time, but might make it in time for the end of the chat dependinghow long it is. But, in case I don't my question is: Would you like to see a MITM DVD/Blu-ray release or a Itunes/ other digital download release?

Lparsons7981

I'll do my best to be there, thanks for this effort guys. I am inviting some people I know from a Breaking Bad forum if you do not mind, I bet I'll be the only one from that site there anyways :D

Ryebeach

I won't be there for the chat but I hope you guys have a great time! It's really wonderful of Bryan to do this for us all.

Thanks to Rich and TJ for making it happen.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Bryan just informed his mail contacts directly on Tuesday evening that the chat is on! By directly, I mean it wasn't his personal assistant Michelle who mailed or forwarded it. GREAT! :D

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be participating in a live video chat tomorrow, February 3rd to celebrate 10 years of Malcolm in the Middle. All the details can be found here: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/

Or... on Wednesday, February 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST / 11pm GMT (UTC) just go to:

http://www.blogtv.com/people/mitm

The format will be similar to the video chat I did last year for Breaking Bad - I'll be reading from the chat room and picking questions. You don't need a BlogTV.com account to join the chatroom and ask questions.

See ya there-
Bryan

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bryancranston

The announcement is also on his Twitter page:

Hey guys-I'm doing a live video chat to celebrate MITM 10 year anniversary this Wed., Feb. 3rd at 3pm PST: http://www.blogtv.com/people/mitm

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, I love how he re-wrote my post :) (side note, I have no idea why I'm not on his mailing list, I guess I'll have to sort that out)

I plan a pre-show so arrive early!

Awesome, I love how he re-wrote my post :) (side note, I have no idea why I'm not on his mailing list, I guess I'll have to sort that out)

I plan a pre-show so arrive early!

thanks alot! btw how long was this going on from the pre-show until about 8:45 when all the members had stopped chatting even though you had already left? 3 hours including early pre-show? more?

Thanks again, so much! We need more of these in the future!

Movieye

Thanks all

Thanks very much to Bryan for spending so much time on the Chat!

And big thanks to TJ and all the rest for making it happen.

I am new to this site but not to MITM - long time fan.:D

Harrison

Lparsons7981

Thanks for everyone who worked to get the chat organized and running smoothly, and to everyone with their great questions, and to Bryan and Michelle for doing it! Excellent job has to be mentioned about T.Js hosting.

Awesome event, and even the chatting after Bryan left was quite fun! :) that happens when you have a great community like this one.

Very exciting that Bryan said he'd be willing to do a Breaking Bad chat or something for that fan site! Know I just need to get in contact with the Admin over there, he is so inactive I am tempted to start up my own site....

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, the chat went great, far better than I'd expected, more than 90 mins! And it would have been even longer hadn't been for technical issues! It was great to have TJ hosting. Though I've been on this site for a while (though not as long as some senior members), I'd never seen him or even heard his voice. Very pleasing!

I was a bit apprehensive that it would get messy. Actually, not too many people joining in the chat and good moderation keep it from getting all mixed up and fragmented. In that sense, I didn't mind we didn't have 100 people on!

To be honest, I'd never done a live chat before, so would have been at a loss where to go and how to handle it technically, so great that it went so well in the end. I got the hang of it I reckon.

A night to remember (with no Titanic overtones, thank God)! ;)

Beaming Rich!

P.S. Stupid though that I at least didn't try to record the audio, which is fairly easy to do, if you don't suffer breakdowns, which often happen during long streaming sessions - my browser crashed after an hour or so, and I had to restart it.

I've been picking up radio shows and such from the sound card though, and later edited them.

I'm just a newbie to this, so next time I reckon. I hope most of the chat video can be retrieved and pieced together somehow. I was so busy reading and posting questions, that I didn't register everything Bryan said.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
It went so well, amazing. PeterU has supplied me with 35mins video recording, and I'm trying to recover my recordings, and possibly Tyno recorded something?