Malcolm in the Middle Movie / Film / Motion Picture

Malcolm

Re: About the rumors of a MitM movie

Well, yeah, I've meet some celebrities. When I first came to LA and meet my first celebrities, I couldnt stop thinking "Man, he is way shorter in person!" or "She doesnt look as pretty in the flesh", or things like that. :D

Malcolm

Well, when I first meet him, It was like "He looks like a nice guy". And he was. He likes calling people by their names and he likes to be called Bryan.
He has a great sense of humor, but sometimes his jokes are a little... I dunno, a little weird.
For example, he uses to tell people that Cloris Leachman actually had her leg cut off in "Ida Loses a Leg"... and that she was okay with it! :eek: :D He tells you "She is a professional"

The first time I meet him we didnt talk a lot. He was busy. He was actually working in MitM. So, it was just like "Nice to meet you" and things like that, and now sometimes I send him an e-mail, but you know, he is too busy, so you better dont wait for an answer. :( I think he is working now in a new project, a movie, but I dont know the title.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

Is Jane, Christopher, or Eric doing any type of movie project on summer hiatus? I know Frankie's doing some horror movie, and Justin is working on a reality show for E!

Malcolm

About Jane and Erik, I dont know, but Christopher Masterson is gonna work (or is already working) in a movie named Intellectual Propierty; he will play an inventor that has to protect his work in the middle of the Cold War.
He is gonna be very busy...:)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

malcolm said:
...a movie named Intellectual Propierty; he will play an inventor that has to protect his work in the middle of the Cold War.
He is gonna be very busy...:)

cold war... sounds interesting. I did a big report on the cold war. I'll look foward to that one.

samboo1

even though some have said malcolm in the middle is a individual program, i do agree, but i still hope thay make a movie as it would bring malcolm in the middle out of its shell. I dont know about in other countries but in my counrty, england, malcolm isnt that popular and i feel if they made a movie it would become as successful as it is in america.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

It's too late for MITM to make a movie now. Most people would see it and see five adults living together with a weird little kid and a baby. If you don't watch the series, I don't think a movie would make a whole lot of sense. I apologise, I don't remember who posted this, I think it was Ryebeach who hit it on the head in the clipshows thread: clipshows can help people understand a series halfway through it. If people don't see it from the beginning, chances are that they won't understand it as well, and won't watch it. And I think an MITM movie would prove unsuccessful because people wouldn't understand it (save for MITM fans) and thus wouldn't watch it.

My final argument against the movie is the Reese Joins the Army miniseries, which was an hour and ten minutes of air-time without commercials. That's nearly a feature film, and there's no way they could think of another storyline that good that lasts that long.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

yardgames said:
It's too late for MITM to make a movie now. Most people would see it and see five adults living together with a weird little kid and a baby. If you don't watch the series, I don't think a movie would make a whole lot of sense. I apologise, I don't remember who posted this, I think it was Ryebeach who hit it on the head in the clipshows thread: clipshows can help people understand a series halfway through it. If people don't see it from the beginning, chances are that they won't understand it as well, and won't watch it. And I think an MITM movie would prove unsuccessful because people wouldn't understand it (save for MITM fans) and thus wouldn't watch it.

My final argument against the movie is the Reese Joins the Army miniseries, which was an hour and ten minutes of air-time without commercials. That's nearly a feature film, and there's no way they could think of another storyline that good that lasts that long.
I agree, If I wern't a MITM fan (which is impossible) I would think that 7 seasons are pusing the limit, and a movie is just unreasonable. But since I'm a MITM fan, I think that 7 seasons is great, and a movie is pushing the limit. It wouldn't make sense to have a movie this lae in the show. Season 4, or 5 yes, season 7, no.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Like I say, they did have a movie in season five: Reese Joins the Army. Come on, it was an hour and ten minutes long. It was just never released in the theatre and the only way you can buy it is if you happened to record it. :)

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

yardgames said:
Like I say, they did have a movie in season five: Reese Joins the Army. Come on, it was an hour and ten minutes long. It was just never released in the theatre and the only way you can buy it is if you happened to record it. :)
I concour. It just wasn't movie-like, you're right. I'll shut up now.:D

vinnymonster

Isn't MITM popular enough for a motion picture?

Now the show has come to a close with season 7 being the final season, apparently, does anyone else think the characters and the whole theme of the show is popular and good enough to make the transition to the big screen?

Personally, I think it is. And as Frankie Muntz has already broken into the movies, and with him in the title role, I think that a MITM movie would work well, especially if the kept the same scripting team that made the TV show.

And it'd be a big plus for me if they included Piama in any movie.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Isn't MITM popular enough for a motion picture?

At this point in the show, I am inclined to think that a movie would flounder. As I've said in the past, the closest they will ever come to an MITM movie is the Reese Joins the Army series, consisting of Reese Joins the Army 1, Reese Joins the Army 2, and Reese Comes Home. Together, these three episodes are more than an hour long, making it almost feature-film length. Next time you feel like an MITM movie, go watch these three episodes. :D

Seriously, it might have worked a few seasons ago, but if they had made it on the big screen, I think it would have been the end of the show. They would have used every last clever idea in the movie, and there would be no reason left for TV. As soon as it stopped making money at the box office, Fox would yank it.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

"As soon as it stopped making money at the box office, Fox would yank it."

Im very inclined to disagree with you. If a tv show has a movie come out and the movie does extremely well(lets propose that the MITM film did so) why on earth would they cancel the series? If anything, the network would hype it because the show just had a hit movie.

Alfista Junior

I don't know if I'd like having both at the same time ,Tv show and Movie. But I would definitely like that the last thing the MitM crew release, will be a Movie the set the End.

purple

I think that MITM is definitely good enough to reach the big screens. If series 7 is the last series i think that if they did make a movie. It would be a good way to finish it off. I think a series kind of never really ends so a movie would be great.

What if they made a movie with all of the characters that have ever appeared in the episodes. wouldn't that be cool.

simon_4420

I think that a movie would be really good, but I agree partly with what YardGames said that maybe it would of been better earlier on as I think that Season 7 is going really well and that a movie might just ruin whats likely to be a really good finish to the show.

A movie could help in some way to get the past seasons on to DVD, as demand for them would be sure to rise if a motion picture was to be made.

I think that it would be really hard to make a movie of MITM, as you just expect them to be kind of short and sweet, with multiple story lines. Doing this in a film would be rather hard as it would have to be much more centred on a character for over an hour, with much fewer storylines. Saying this tho I do believe that the writers for MITM are skilled enough to write a story that could be made into a motion picture. My only problem with it is that it would be mainly centred on Malcolm as thats what people would expect. Don't get me wrong I like Malcolm in MITM, but when we are all so use to different characters taking the lead in different episodes it would be hard (for me anyway) to watch, but if writen will who knows..

And if it were to be made into a film, it would only make sense to people who are not really into MITM, if it was similar to PILOT. But who cares I want a film to be made, lol:D

(can anyone think of a sitcom that has been made into a film??)

admin

Retired Administrator

I personally don't think a movie is a good idea, for the reason that I believe it would be difficult to create a proper movie plot for MITM. You would have to reintroduce all the characters again remember, you would have to have a start middle a climax and an end. I just don't think it would be particularly successful, since what would the climax be - the story would have to be something fantastic and hold attention for over an 1hr, compared to the normal 20mins...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Isn't MITM popular enough for a motion picture?

Sadly - No