Justin Berfield to Guest Star on ‘Sons of Tucson’

Ryebeach

As hinted at by Justin in a tweet of his from late last year, it has now been confirmed that Justin will guest star in episode 12 of J2TV's new series, Sons of Tucson.

The announcement was made this morning during FOX's TCA (Television Critics Association) presentation panel for Sons of Tucson in LA.

The broadcast date for his guest star appearance is yet to be announced.

This will mark Justin's first time in front of the camera since Malcolm in the Middle's series finale aired on May 14, 2006.

Justin serves as executive producer of Sons of Tucson, which premieres Sunday March 14, 2010 at 9:30pm on FOX.

Last edited:

Tyno

Malcolm-France
That's weird... In his tweet, he's talking about the "finale episode", while The Futon Critic states that it is "the show's 12th of 13 episodes".

Ryebeach

That's weird... In his tweet, he's talking about the "finale episode", while The Futon Critic states that it is "the show's 12th of 13 episodes".

Yeah, I've noticed that discrepancy. Sometimes, episodes are filmed out of sequence, so perhaps the episode Justin appears in was the final episode filmed for the season but it will air as the 12th episode. Or, in some instances the pilot of a series is labeled as episode 00 and subsequent episodes would be 01, 02, etc, so technically the season finale would be episode 12, but it would actually be the 13th episode filmed.

It's a bit confusing at the moment but I'll let you know when I have a broadcast date for his appearance which should help clarify this.

Ryebeach

The character Justin will be playing is named Barry.

From the casting sides, Barry is described as "not a tall guy but always working on his biceps, he is the neighborhood bully now all grown up."

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Justin Berfield to Guest Star as ‘Reese’ on ‘Sons of Tucson’

Front Page Post

As hinted at by Justin in a tweet of his from late last year, it has now been confirmed that Justin will guest star in the season finale of the new series, Sons of Tucson.

Ok, so the character Justin will be playing is not actually Reese, but Barry "not a tall guy but always working on his biceps, he is the neighborhood bully now all grown up." Sound familiar? Well according to reports its a reprise of Reese’s character. The name will be different, but the character will be the same.

Frank Dolce (know-it-all-middle-son Gary on 'Tucson) has this to say about Justin's performance, "He’s a little shy sometimes, but he guest stars in one of the episodes and when he steps in front of the camera, he is so upbeat and has so much energy."

The announcement was made during FOX's TCA (Television Critics Association) presentation panel for Sons of Tucson in LA. The broadcast date for his guest star appearance is yet to be announced.

This will mark Justin's first time in front of the camera since Malcolm in the Middle's series finale aired on May 14, 2006. Justin serves as executive producer of Sons of Tucson, which premieres in the US on Sunday, March 14 at 9:30/8:30 Central on FOX.

Excited to see Justin on TV again? I am!

Source: Laura Donovan, thetvaddict.com | Thanks Rye

Ryebeach

Justin's guest appearance as Barry will air on Sunday, August 1st at 7:00pm on FOX. This marks the series finale of Sons of Tucson.

This is the first on screen TV appearance of Justin's since the MITM series finale aired on May 14, 2006.

Ryebeach

Remember everyone, Justin is guest starring on the series finale of Sons of Tucson this Sunday, August 1st at 7:00pm on FOX.

Episode Description:
SONS OF TUCSON “Ron Quits” Episode 13 – When Ron starts spending too much time with his girlfriend, the boys get upset and Ron decides to quit. The boys then hire their bully neighbor, Barry (Justin Berfield), as their new live-in caretaker. But when the boys discover they’re out of money and realize that Barry isn’t working out, they come to the conclusion that Ron was a better fake father than they thought in “Ron Quits,” the series finale episode of SONS OF TUCSON, airing Sunday, Aug. 1 (7:00-7:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

This is Justin's first time appearing on camera since the MITM series finale over four years ago. And with Justin's new venture announced today, I'm sure he's going to be very busy in the immediate future and it may be quite some time before we see him on screen again.

Be sure to tune in on Sunday as Justin will be playing Barry who has been described as being similar to Reese in a lot of ways. Should be a great episode.

In the meantime though, here's two sneak preview pics of Justin on set as Barry in the episode:

SONS-OF-TUCSON-Ron-Quits-1.jpg

SONS-OF-TUCSON-Ron-Quits-5.jpg

Above photos are copyrighted to and courtesy of FOX Broadcasting.

PeterU

Super Moderator
Justin Berfield to Guest Star on 'Sons of Tucson' Tonight

Front Page Post

In more Justin news, Berfield will guest star on tonight's episode of Sons of Tucson, in the season finale, and likely the last ever episode of the whole show, 'Ron Quits'.

He will play 'Barry', a character who we are told bears more than a passing resemblance to Reese, the character he spent several years as on Malcolm. This is also the first time we will have seen Justin in front of the cameras since the final episode of Malcolm in the Middle.
SONS OF TUCSON ?Ron Quits? Episode 13 ? When Ron starts spending too much time with his girlfriend, the boys get upset and Ron decides to quit. The boys then hire their bully neighbor, Barry (Justin Berfield), as their new live-in caretaker. But when the boys discover they?re out of money and realize that Barry isn?t working out, they come to the conclusion that Ron was a better fake father than they thought in ?Ron Quits,? the series finale episode of SONS OF TUCSON, airing Sunday, Aug. 1 (7:00-7:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Tune in to Sons of Tucson tonight, August 1st 2010, at 7pm on FOX.

Thanks to Ryebeach on our forums for pointing this out!

Movieye

Hi all - this was the episode I was waiting for... and I was a little disappointed on a couple levels.

Justin's appearance was fun, but knowing that this was the series finale, his character was like an unfulfilled potential. He could have been a cool oddball neighbor as well.

I was frankly grossed out for Ron and his girlfriend to be caught on the living room floor in front of the kids. Just made me think, "ewww!" bad dad!

In the past few months, I've been enjoying THE MIDDLE a lot. It's in summer re-runs now, the cast is funny, and the mother's point of view is an interesting take. I wonder if they get as experimental as MITM and do an episode from each character's POV one day.

hornetfig

FWIW (and that's certainly not a new thread):

In Australia, Sons of Tucson was unsurprisingly passed over by the commercial networks.

So it is now airing (commencing Saturday August 7) on subscription channel The Comedy Channel at 7:30pm Saturdays.

What's notable though is their choice of lead in: Malcolm in the Middle season 7.

A programmer did some research :eek:

mikkie15

Loved it!!!

I loved SOT, not from the beginning but it grew! Seeing Justin as Barry was cool. Bit like uber angry Reese, but after 4 years, well done.
Greetz from Amsterdam

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the site mikkie15, we hope your enjoy your stay.

I loved seeing Justin on TV again. He was very much Reese, what more could we ask for?