Erik Per Sullivan Stars in Short Film 'Kamikaze Beethoven' [Video]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

[See Front Page Post for Video]

Erik-Per-Sullivan-Film-Kamikaze-Beethoven-MITMVC.jpg

Erik Per Sullivan starred in the short film Kamikaze Beethoven, he plays Dave a 13 year old headed down the wrong path, then...well I'd watch the film above and see!

Many thanks to raymanasdf for discovering this independent film. Its written and directed by Josh Janowicz and I guess it was filmed in 2006. But surprisingly its only come to my attention in recent months. Its produced by 72nd Street Productions who have connections with the University of Southern California (USC) where Erik is currently studying theatre.

Dave is a 13 year old eight grader headed down the wrong path, at school, and hanging out with the wrong crowd. The occasional pot smoking doesn't help matters. One day after school, Dave is approached by a shady looking fellow (Eric Szmanda) on a bicycle claiming he "knows him". Scared of the man's appearance and approach, Dave runs away. The following morning, Dave is getting ready for school. After a shower, he returns to his room to find the SAME MAN in his room! Dave is terrified and goes for a antique sword hanging on his wall. Dave is about to cut the man's head off when the man, inexplicably, starts telling Dave secrets about himself that no one else could possibly know. Through a series of questions, the man convinces Dave the he is him-- from the future! For the next few days, Dave speaks with Future Dave about what the next fifteen years of his life will be like. Not surprisingly, Dave finds out his future looks bleak. As a result, Dave decides to turn his life around.
Source: 72ndstreetproductions.com & treehouse-ent.com | Thanks raymanasdf

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Wonderful find!

That's a great little movie! At first I thought it would be too moralistic, but it turned out to have a nice twist and be light-hearted about it - I guess that's the thing to do for such a short running time. A very different tone from the wistful, nostalgic 'Once Not Far From Home', apparently made two years earlier. Funny to actually hear Erik's voice break, it's going all over the place at times ..

They got Erik's first name wrong in the opening credits ('Eric'), and they guy playing his dad is Marcus Giamatti, Paul's older brother.

They forgot to credit Black Sabbath for 'Time Machine' ;).

Spoiler for surprise twist:
I'm not too sure though that Black Sabbath and Wolfmother will lead you to hell, and Beethoven will save you. Just think of 'A Clockwork Orange', anyone? :eek:

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
So, did George W. Bush say 'fucks' too whenever he wanted to address the Joe Sixpack part of the electorate? :p

I may have misheard it all the time!

Rich

Siobhan

Be funny if he did wouldn’t it? :p

I listened again. I’ve come to the conclusion that he did say ‘fucks’. I mean, it fits the language used throughout.

It's sweet how you can hear Erik's voice breaking throughout isn't it? :D

Dew_Fan

Dewey is AMAZING!!!

Wow, it is so amazing to see Erik in this light, I mean, we all know him as the cute little kid that we know in love, but i think that, in the future, he will be able to do movies in the future. I have seen him in Mo and Twelve, it is really amazing that he is able to do both comedies and dramas and be great at both of them. So props to Erik for being a amazing actor and i can't wait to see some of the movies he stars in.