iTunes Store?

Gill

Well, I searched Malcolm in the Middle, all I got was the soundtrack and you had to buy the WHOLE album just to listen to a certain song?! Not even Season 1 was on there! To tell you the truth, I haven't used iTunes for a while, so I had to update it to the latest version and I kinda have no clue where this and that are. Did anyone see where they're selling season 1 (on iTunes i mean)? :confused: By the way, is "In Too Deep" by Sum 41 supposed to be in the album? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_from_Malcolm_in_the_Middle says it's #18, but iTunes only has 17. You'd think it would be in the album since it's heard in "Reese Drives" and another episode that I can't remember right now.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Sadly MITM can only be watched on broadcast TV or from the Season 1 DVD, see here for details why. There are no 'legal' digital downloads.

As for the Soundtrack album, its the stupid record labels that don't let you download individual songs on some albums. Wikipedia is wrong Sum 41 isn't on the album (I've edited the page)

MITM_Fan

What TJP said. ;)

I'd advise you to buy MITM's item's from Amazon because, on Amazon you can trust them.

Haven't yet bought the soundtrack of MITM Season 01, already did for the Season 01 Box Set, which was pretty nice.

Why doesn't FOX just put the 1st season of MITM on iTunes like they did with Ally Mcbeal or like how when George Lopez got put on DVD and iTunes? FOX already paid for the music rights so why not?

MITM_Fan

Why doesn't FOX just put the 1st season of MITM on iTunes like they did with Ally Mcbeal or like how when George Lopez got put on DVD and iTunes? FOX already paid for the music rights so why not?

Maybe they have to pay high fees, or they just don't want people to pirate season 1 with proper dvd quality.

Those dvdrips available on the net are really crap.

Yeah, but FOX doesn't realize that they really would make money off of it especially with all the new fans finding it on Nick @ Nite. But, whatever FOX, you can go your own way and us here MITM fans will go ours.

MITM_Fan

I don't really think all mitm fans would be willing to buy the DVD's, I would but, most when they download they don't even go pay for the original.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I contacted iTunes a while ago with a request for MITM episodes as downloads. It's the least we all could do - in fact the only thing ;).

I didn't know individual song tracks for MITM weren't available! Apparently, the music rights issue is still playing up, which is hardly surprising. I just ordered the CD on Amazon, which arrived in perfect order, and with the 17 original tracks.

Music-from-Malcolm-in-the-Middle-Soundtrack-CD-Back-MITMVC.jpg

(The Barenaked Ladies track was never used in the series; I think it was meant for inclusion, as their style is very suited to the show, they were collaborating with Hanson at the time, but they must have forgotten or run up against problems (legal? 'Falling for the First Time' was a reasonable hit in 2001) somewhere down the line)

Yes, the music rights for Ally McBeal were cleared - which took ages by the way - but not so for Malcolm. So it isn't strange that that legal downloads, which take the distribution issue one step further, are still out of the question!

Rich

Last edited:

Gill

Yeah, but FOX doesn't realize that they really would make money off of it especially with all the new fans finding it on Nick @ Nite. But, whatever FOX, you can go your own way and us here MITM fans will go ours.

I agree with what deweyinthemiddle said, FOX is pretty much clueless when it comes to making money AND more people are becoming fans of MITM since it airs at FX and Nick @ Nite. Plus, with the price of most songs shooting up to about $1.29, I'm guessing some of the cost of TV shows sold on iTunes have gone up as well. So they would be profiting more just by selling the episodes on iTunes.

I agree with what deweyinthemiddle said, FOX is pretty much clueless when it comes to making money AND more people are becoming fans of MITM since it airs at FX and Nick @ Nite. Plus, with the price of most songs shooting up to about $1.29, I'm guessing some of the cost of TV shows sold on iTunes have gone up as well. So they would be profiting more just by selling the episodes on iTunes.

True! Although both the Blu-ray complete series and Itunes all seasons would cost between $200-$400, so I don't see how this is a bad deal for FOX to consider in the future.

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
True! Although both the Blu-ray complete series and Itunes all seasons would cost between $200-$400, so I don't see how this is a bad deal for FOX to consider in the future.

Yes, I think they will turn around in the future, with the emphasis on 'in the future'. The music and the movie industry are known to be extremely conservative and not really willing to think out of the box, and instead just want to protect their current interests.

I can imagine, tapping into their way of thinking, that digital downloads appear a lot trickier to them than DVD or Blu-ray releases, because illegal distribution of downloads is even more impossible to control. It will come, but in time.

Rich

MITM_Fan

I read on some websites "omg the other seasons are still not out" and guess what they don't own the original season 1 dvd box set, cuz they downloaded it, and that's a big problem and loss.

FOX would loose money instead of gaining if they'd pay the music copyrights, good for us because we'd get the other seasons but bad for them cuz of making low profit.

Don't blame me, blame piracy.

Yes, but I think people would buy the series because of all the new, younger fans. Also, Itunes now lets you buy the songs individually on other albums if you click a button.

Gill

Even if some people are downloading episodes from the internet, I was sort of thinking about the people that don't download stuff like that. What if someone didn't have a DVD player or a portable DVD player? BUT if they have an iPod they can easily get it from iTunes for a small price. Sure, it'll probably have a smaller screen, but it's just as good. That's may view of this though. After all, more and more people are getting iPods each day.

MITM_Fan

Even if some people are downloading episodes from the internet, I was sort of thinking about the people that don't download stuff like that. What if someone didn't have a DVD player or a portable DVD player? BUT if they have an iPod they can easily get it from iTunes for a small price. Sure, it'll probably have a smaller screen, but it's just as good. That's may view of this though. After all, more and more people are getting iPods each day.

Sorry but why'd you pay for something that was available for free?

Download + Convert = There you go, ready for your iPod.

If they don't profit, you know, nothing done.

MITM_Fan

I shouldn't talk about this, PSP, a great portable gaming console, the games are great (I say this because I own one, not a fanboy).

The big problem is, when PSP was finally hacked only a small amount of gamers bought its games, and this is really bad for PSP, a big loss of profit is done here.

Not even PSP go would fix it, instead it made it worse than it was already. Sony may announce PSP 2 and end PSP 1 on this year's E3.

So, taking this example I really don't know how would all MITM fans react, if buy or pirate it. Maybe more would pirate.:(

I shouldn't talk about this, PSP, a great portable gaming console, the games are great (I say this because I own one, not a fanboy).

The big problem is, when PSP was finally hacked only a small amount of gamers bought its games, and this is really bad for PSP, a big loss of profit is done here.

Not even PSP go would fix it, instead it made it worse than it was already. Sony may announce PSP 2 and end PSP 1 on this year's E3.

So, taking this example I really don't know how would all MITM fans react, if buy or pirate it. Maybe more would pirate.:(

But we hope not! ;)