Is the forum dead?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the forum dead?

Default Is the forum dead?

I question myself, is this forum dead?!

I'm gonna be sincere I don't see any active users, or like in other forums, everyone talks about what they like and dislike, here it's like.. Deserted.

Come on, it's MITM! It's awesome!

Activity on the forum comes and goes, in recent months its been quite active, in recent weeks its become quieter.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I'm occasionally lurking. I'm not really one to start threads/conversations though......

i havent been on because ive been so busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM_Fan View Post
    I question myself, is this forum dead?!

I'm gonna be sincere I don't see any active users, or like in other forums, everyone talks about what they like and dislike, here it's like.. Deserted.

Come on, it's MITM! It's awesome!
    I've voiced a similar sentiment, though I must admit that I too have been busier than usually lately, and my priority remains making the Gallery as complete as possible - I watch all episodes again to check where the stills and behind the scenes shots belong. Yes, I think it's a pity really, now that would-be big fat 10th anniversary is coming up!

It sometimes bugs me that there's very little interaction, in the sense that I'd like to respond to people and discuss, rather than just get something off my chest and leave it at that! A lot of new members start with a flurry of activity, then peter out quickly without interacting. Perhaps that's because they don't see a lot of see a lot of activity either.

But I reckon that's true of a lot of boards. I guess it will help if all members set their mail thread notification to 'on', or for the administrator to make that the default setting. Even I didn't really work that out until recently.

I will be getting some stuff ready for the anniversary though.

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Dec 28, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    I've voiced a similar sentiment, though I must admit that I too have been busier than usually lately, and my priority remains making the Gallery as complete as possible - I watch all episodes again to check where the stills and behind the scenes shots belong. Yes, I think it's a pity really, now that would-be big fat 10th anniversary is coming up!

It sometimes bugs me that there's very little interaction, in the sense that I'd like to respond to people and discuss, rather than just get something off my chest and leave it at that! A lot of new members start with a flurry of activity, then peter out quickly without interacting. Perhaps that's because they don't see a lot of see a lot of activity either.

But I reckon that's true of a lot of boards. I guess it will help if all members set their mail thread notification to 'on', or for the administrator to make that the default setting. Even I didn't really work that out until recently.

I will be getting some stuff ready for the anniversary though.

Rich
    Totally agree!

Default Agreed

It would be nice if their was a little more activity going on, but oh well. I do believe that if people just voiced their opinions more, the forum would be a lot better. I try to post on some of the earlier threads just to see if I could try to start up a conversation with people.

Woot!

you guys have season seven content on here, and what is the UK broadcasting, season 5 currently? Spoiler Alert.

I have opened a Fanpage on facebook for a website i co-maintain and there are a poopload of malcolm fans of all varieties. that is telling me from my own business that this is still a show with market potential.

I'll favorite this thread.

Shaun

Well, the forum may look dead to most people, but that is simply because it's been very active, with more than 10,000 members, for a long time, since 2004.

That was when the series was showing for the first time of course, it was very popular, so there was a lot of buzz about new episodes, cast member gossip and such. It's bound to become a lot less active after a while, after nearly 30,000 posts about loads of subjects and more than 10,000 Gallery images, so it's more like, been there, seen that. You can also tell from the number of recently released DVDs sold from the UK. Season 1 has only sold a few thousand copies so far, and the following seasons (for the first time ever on DVD!) even less, so while that number says nothing about downloads and streaming, it's still indicative of waning interest.

That's why we also hardly care about spoilers, because the series ended in 2006, there have been and are lots of ways to watch it, although we can only be grateful that MITM still appears somewhere in reruns.

I'm glad you get a lot of messages from fans. I hope your fansite will be doing well.

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; May 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

It seems to be, sadly. I'm not getting a lot of responses.