Is the forum dead?

MITM_Fan

I question myself, is this forum dead?!

I'm gonna be sincere I don't see any active users, or like in other forums, everyone talks about what they like and dislike, here it's like.. Deserted.:(

Come on, it's MITM! It's awesome!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Activity on the forum comes and goes, in recent months its been quite active, in recent weeks its become quieter.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I question myself, is this forum dead?!

I'm gonna be sincere I don't see any active users, or like in other forums, everyone talks about what they like and dislike, here it's like.. Deserted.:(

Come on, it's MITM! It's awesome!

I've voiced a similar sentiment, though I must admit that I too have been busier than usually lately, and my priority remains making the Gallery as complete as possible - I watch all episodes again to check where the stills and behind the scenes shots belong. Yes, I think it's a pity really, now that would-be big fat 10th anniversary is coming up!

It sometimes bugs me that there's very little interaction, in the sense that I'd like to respond to people and discuss, rather than just get something off my chest and leave it at that! A lot of new members start with a flurry of activity, then peter out quickly without interacting. Perhaps that's because they don't see a lot of see a lot of activity either.

But I reckon that's true of a lot of boards. I guess it will help if all members set their mail thread notification to 'on', or for the administrator to make that the default setting. Even I didn't really work that out until recently.

I will be getting some stuff ready for the anniversary though.

Rich

Last edited:
I've voiced a similar sentiment, though I must admit that I too have been busier than usually lately, and my priority remains making the Gallery as complete as possible - I watch all episodes again to check where the stills and behind the scenes shots belong. Yes, I think it's a pity really, now that would-be big fat 10th anniversary is coming up!

It sometimes bugs me that there's very little interaction, in the sense that I'd like to respond to people and discuss, rather than just get something off my chest and leave it at that! A lot of new members start with a flurry of activity, then peter out quickly without interacting. Perhaps that's because they don't see a lot of see a lot of activity either.

But I reckon that's true of a lot of boards. I guess it will help if all members set their mail thread notification to 'on', or for the administrator to make that the default setting. Even I didn't really work that out until recently.

I will be getting some stuff ready for the anniversary though.

Rich

Totally agree!

Dew_Fan

Agreed

It would be nice if their was a little more activity going on, but oh well. I do believe that if people just voiced their opinions more, the forum would be a lot better. I try to post on some of the earlier threads just to see if I could try to start up a conversation with people.

ShaunDunn

you guys have season seven content on here, and what is the UK broadcasting, season 5 currently? Spoiler Alert. :)

I have opened a Fanpage on facebook for a website i co-maintain and there are a poopload of malcolm fans of all varieties. that is telling me from my own business that this is still a show with market potential.

I'll favorite this thread.

Shaun

Richiepiep

Administrator
Well, the forum may look dead to most people, but that is simply because it's been very active, with more than 10,000 members, for a long time, since 2004.

That was when the series was showing for the first time of course, it was very popular, so there was a lot of buzz about new episodes, cast member gossip and such. It's bound to become a lot less active after a while, after nearly 30,000 posts about loads of subjects and more than 10,000 Gallery images, so it's more like, been there, seen that. You can also tell from the number of recently released DVDs sold from the UK. Season 1 has only sold a few thousand copies so far, and the following seasons (for the first time ever on DVD!) even less, so while that number says nothing about downloads and streaming, it's still indicative of waning interest.

That's why we also hardly care about spoilers, because the series ended in 2006, there have been and are lots of ways to watch it, although we can only be grateful that MITM still appears somewhere in reruns.

I'm glad you get a lot of messages from fans. I hope your fansite will be doing well.

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Well, cadetspangler, I can see your point, but please be patient.

The series is relatively old now, and lots of first-time, often teenage, viewers will have busy full-time jobs by now, are maybe raising families, and have moved on to different series or kinds of interests.

As I've said, lots of remarks, FAQs or opinions will be hidden somewhere in old threads or our site archive, and often can be retrieved with a forum search action.

It will take some time, to be sure, but you will always be alerted by mail when someone responds to your thread.

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
I would love to read and post more, but at the moment I don't have the time because of family matters - and lots of other things.

Same with the Gallery. Less topical material anyway concerning the series and its cast and crew, and lack of time.

If I want to post a sensible, informative reply that goes beyond the usual Twitter mode of 'great', 'agreed' or 'don't think so', I have to look into things and that's where I fall short.

In my case too, it's been a long time since I watched a string of complete episodes, so it's all getting a bit hazy by now, alas!

I still hope for better times!

Rich