Favorite Movie to star a MITM Star - Page 3
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie to star a MITM Star

Default Re: Would you watch a movie starring an actor from MITM because they are in it?

Frankie Muniz: as Jason Sheppard in Big Fat Liar (i own this on DVD, it's amazing)
    Erik Per Sullivan: as Spike Frohmeyer in Christmas with the kranks (which i also own on DVD).
    Justin Berfield (I've never seen a movie with Justin in it!!

I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

Default Re: Favorite Movie to star a MITM Star

Since we're dredging up old threads:

My view is that any movie that makes me cry and any movie that makes me laugh has to be a good movie, even ones intended for kiddie audiences. The last 20 minutes of "My Dog Skip" made me cry in buckets, mostly because I'm a soft touch for boy-and-his-dog stories, especially when something really bad happens to the dog, as it usually does. "Max Keeble" made me laugh a lot, mostly because the evil school principal is hilariously pompous; Justin's role was small--the movies he starred in were strictly kiddie fare from the 1990's. The best outside role Justin has played in his MITM years was his lead role in an episode of "The Nightmare Room," a sort of "Twilight Zone" for kids; the episode is basically a horror story, and Justin gets to do a lot of cringing and howling, which he's very good at (it's available in DVD.)

I've only watched a snippet of the movie where Erik wore a mullet (can't remember the name); he was still young enough to have that elfish appearance that made everything the young Dewey did seem funny and somewhat quirky.

Frankie's horror flick "Stay Alive" is now being advertised locally during syndicated broadcasts of Malcolm re-runs; strangely, Frankie doesn't appear in the ads. It opens March 24, and I'm going to try to see it--only because of Frankie. Justin's production project, "Romance and Cigarettes" is opening in the UK right about now; from what I know, it appears to be a very off-beat film that Brits and Europeans will probably like more than the mass American audience. I'll certainly watch it; I like off-beat stuff, and the cast is fabulous.

I would watch a film if it had a MIM star in it, I would at the very least be curious to see if they were playing the same character because it would be weird to see Hal (for example) playing a serious lawyer or Malcolm playing Spider Man.

LOL, it would be really strange watching Malcolm (Frankie) as spiderman. He would probably do a pretty good job in the role though. He kinda fits the part of Peter Parker.

To be honest, I haven't seen any movies with any MITM stars except those where they lend their voice for animations. I've seen Finding Nemo, which I know Erik had a small role in, but I can't remember what part he played. I also recently saw Racing Stripes on Tv, where Frankie voiced the part of the zebra. I knew the voice was familiar the whole time I was watching the movie, but didn't make the connection that it was Frankie until I saw the credits.

Welcome to the forum, btw, KellyChandler. We look forward to seeing more of your thoughts. You can pm me, J. or yardgames if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcoholic
    Since we're dredging up old threads:

My view is that any movie that makes me cry and any movie that makes me laugh has to be a good movie, even ones intended for kiddie audiences. The last 20 minutes of "My Dog Skip" made me cry in buckets, mostly because I'm a soft touch for boy-and-his-dog stories, especially when something really bad happens to the dog, as it usually does. "Max Keeble" made me laugh a lot, mostly because the evil school principal is hilariously pompous; Justin's role was small--the movies he starred in were strictly kiddie fare from the 1990's. The best outside role Justin has played in his MITM years was his lead role in an episode of "The Nightmare Room," a sort of "Twilight Zone" for kids; the episode is basically a horror story, and Justin gets to do a lot of cringing and howling, which he's very good at (it's available in DVD.)

I've only watched a snippet of the movie where Erik wore a mullet (can't remember the name); he was still young enough to have that elfish appearance that made everything the young Dewey did seem funny and somewhat quirky.

Frankie's horror flick "Stay Alive" is now being advertised locally during syndicated broadcasts of Malcolm re-runs; strangely, Frankie doesn't appear in the ads. It opens March 24, and I'm going to try to see it--only because of Frankie. Justin's production project, "Romance and Cigarettes" is opening in the UK right about now; from what I know, it appears to be a very off-beat film that Brits and Europeans will probably like more than the mass American audience. I'll certainly watch it; I like off-beat stuff, and the cast is fabulous.
    Ol' Larry Miller plays a mean principal, but I think I can top him. I act good. BTW, in the "Stay Alive" spots, I think I can hear his voice-over.

Oh, this thread... I was wondering what it was since I didn't remember starting a thread with that title until I saw it had been merged.

My parents have watched a few movies with Chris Masterson in them and one or two with Bryan Cranston.

I remember a few years back seeing an older episode of a show I forget the name of but the ep was called something like "The Kidney's All Right" and Frankie was playing a young boy who was in hospital.

That was certainly Spin City, he once played such a kid in one of the episodes

I think Frankie Muniz looks really sweet in My Dog Skip. He looks kinda young though...but sweet!!

I would watch a film with a cast member from MITM. I've seen a few already Cider House Rules, Saving Private Ryan. Think that i might go and see Stay Alive, not sure yet

I'd like to see the cider house rules and unfaithful (they both star erik per sullivan). My friend says that unfaithful is rude, is this true?