Favorite Movie to star a MITM Star

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Would you watch a movie starring an actor from MITM because they are in it?

Would you watch a movie starring an actor from MITM because they are in it?Appanah and I were just discussing this on MSN and I thought I'd start a thread here too to see what you guys think.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Re: Would you watch a movie starring an actor from MITM because they are in it?

I've seen Cider House Rules, Unfaithful and Wendigo, not because they starred Erik, but because they seemed like good movies. The fact that they featured the youngster from MITM was a mere coincidence.

I also feel that the movie Unfaithful is intended for a very different audience to that of MITM. With references and themes of a sexually explicit nature, I can't think of anything more diverse than MITM. Erik seems to have a way of reaching out to a broader group of people.

Justin and frankie on the otherhand, seem to star in movies that are targeted at peoplee in their same age group. I have to admit, that none of the movies to which Frankie and Justin have starred in have ever appealed to me.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

My brother was interested in watching Big Fat Liar and Agent Cody Banks, so I thought I would give them a try, primarily because Frankie was in them, but I wouldn't watch them myself for just that reason.

I tend to disagree with you appanah, I think Frankie and Justin reach out to audiences younger than them. Frankie was 17 when he shot Cody Banks, and how many 17 year olds watch Cody Banks?

Hendrix

Nope. The movies they star in are never top-notch things anyway.

arach

If I stumble across a movie starring one of the MITM-Crew, I would definetely watch it. Like lately, when "Miracle in Lane 2" was on. But I wouldn't watch it on purpose. Like Agent Cody Banks. I didn't even think about going to the cinema because of it. It seems to me as a childish teen movie; I don't want to pay for that.

allison

I have to admit I really watched some movies just because they starred someone of the Mitm cast. :D I neither rented them nor went to the cinema, but when "The kid with x-ray eyes" and "Max Keeble´s big movie" was on TV I watched it. My mother knows that I like Mitm so she rented Big fat liar and Agent cody Banks for me when she saw Frankie Muniz on the cover. :D

But I really have to say that none of these movies is really good. They were quite ok, but nothing special.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

I always watch movies in which someone from mitm play when they're on tv, but I have never gone to cinemas for one.
I've already seen Miracle in lane, My dog skip, Max Keebles big move and Agent Cody Banks I (My dog skip is the best of these, I think. But actually they're all not too good)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

well i watched frankies big movies - but they are good for the audience they are aimmed at which is quite a bit younger than me. as with justion and erik i havent seen any of there movies but i wounldnt turn down the chance.

Wemboy

yardgames said:
Frankie was 17 when he shot Cody Banks, and how many 17 year olds watch Cody Banks?
Well i watched Agent Cody Banks at the cinema when i was about 17, i'm such a loser!:eek: Mind you my stepsister, who i saw it with, is older than me! We quite enjoyed it but her friend nearly walked out! Still i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but the only reason i went to see it was cos of Frankie. In fact she watched Agent Cody Banks 2 on a plane, and now i have no one else to watch it with! Also, i've seen My Dog Skip on tv, and i only watched that cos it had Frankie in it. It's ok, very soppy though, but the end's gotta bring a tear to your eye:) . I've not seen any of Justin's films, but if they were on tv i would watch them just to see what he's like in them, by the sound of it there's not a whole lot else to attract me to them. I agree that Justin and Frankie only seem to make "teen" movies, and as i've said before, i look forward to seeing them step up to play more adult roles. I like it when you stumble across the brothers in films when you don't expect it, like Erik in Finding Nemo (blink, or shut your ears i guess, and you'll miss him!) and i did the same for Cider House Rules. One film i did see that had Chris Masterson in it, was Dragonheart: A New Beginning, i didn't watch more than 5 minutes of that, so there are limits to the cr*p i'll sit through just to see the brothers!

Wemboy

One more thing, before you all get bored of my long, rambling posts, i really like Big Fat Liar! again, only watched it cos of Frankie, but it's a funny film man. I mean, not exactly high brow, but it's good slapstick stuff, and it's fast paced so it doesn't get dull. Also Paul Giamatti, who plays the "bad guy" is a quality actor (everyone should watch American Splendor, it's ace!). It's considered one of the low points of his career, along with Thunderpants, but i disagree, it's a good light hearted film, well acted for what it is, and it puts you in a good mood, and whats wrong with that?

starlite07

I've watched most of the movies with Frankie and justin in it, most of them are for about my age since i'm not an adult, they're pretty good. I would watch the movie depending on what it is about too.

PecanSandies

I'm starting to become quite the Bryan Cranston fan and I wouldn't mind seeing some of the movies he has been in. I'm 20, so I can watch the R-rated stuff.

daniel1985

I did watch a movie called 'Who's your daddy?', which has got Justin Berfield in it, although I had no idea he was when I rented it cause he wasn't credited on the cover or anything. He had quite a small part but I thought he was really good. If I recall he was playing an obnoxious younger brother type character, which was wierd cause I'm so used to seeing him as the older one. Don't rush to get it though. It isn't a good movie!

Jamie

Sorry if this has been done before, but what is everyone's favorite movie with someone from MITM?

I guess mine is My Best Friend's Wedding (Christopher Kennedy Masterson).
This is followed by Agent Cody Banks and Max Keeble's Big Move. Frankie was also funny in a cameo in Stuck on You.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
We've had quite a bit of discussion about this, but it was quite some time ago; many of those people no longer post. I would certainly be interested to hear people's updated opinions on the subject. I've merged the older topic, if you'd like to see what's already been said.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Jamie said:
I guess mine is My Best Friend's Wedding (Christopher Kennedy Masterson).
Oh yeah! Chris Masterson was in that! Oh, he was so cute too! [/girly]

I've only seen movies that some of them have had a very small part in. Like My Best Friend's Wedding, and Joe Dirt (Erik played little Joe Dirt), and apparently Bryan was in That Thing You Do, but I've seen that movie a million times and I can't remember seeing him at all. Chris was in American History X, but I watched that years ago at a party, so I can't remember a thing about it, only that I will never watch it again because it has a really awful scene in it. If one of them is ever in a movie that looks good, then I'm there.

Now, Justin Berfield Co-Produced a movie called Romance & Cigarettes which sounds like it is going to be AMAZING and I am really looking forward to. It's a musical that has a really great cast. I'm going to see that in the theaters, definitely. Oh man I can't wait. I love musicals, and this one is written and directed by John Turturro, who I love. Love love love. Exciting. I could go on and on about the other great people involved, but I'll spare you.

Emrysgirl

I guess Big Fat Liarwins by default since it's the only one I've seen.

Garbage Kills Megan said:
this one is written and directed by John Turturro, who I love. Love love love.
Yay:D! He's awesome:D! But I haven't seen him in enough stuff to say love. I've seen him in Monk and Secret Window. In both of them, he played his role brilliantly.

Malcolm

I liked Big Fat Liar a lot. It was very funny.

I have never seen Justin Berfield in a movie. Bryan Cranston was in Saving Private Ryan, but it was a very small part.
Erik per Sullivan had a diminutive part in Armagedon (you dont even see his face).
And I saw Chris Masterson in "Dragonheart 2" (very bad movie, by the way), and My Best Friend Wedding (a very small part, too).

reese35

Agent Cody Banks, Big Fat Liar, My Dog Skip (hopefully Stay Alive) - Frankie
Max Keeble's Big Move - Berfy (didn't notice he was in it the first time I watched)
Unfaithful - Erik (Main reason, but I got into the feel of it)

p.s. 400th post!

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I thought about it again:

Frankie: No. 1: My dog skip. Maybe No. 2: Cody Banks 1 (didn't really like the second one)

Erik: No. 1: Wendigo (I really like this movie, but noone else I know does)

Justin: No. 1: Max Keeble (although his role was very very small)